Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

After Installing Bd My Computer Is Sloooow

Options

Hi.

First, I want to say that my computer is not a crappy low end computer. I have 8gb memory and 700gb hard drive, video card and speedy processor.

I have not experienced a "lock up" "freeze up" in years!

My subscription to ZoneAlarm Internet Security has expired, So I thought I would give BitDefender Total Security a try ( I used BD antivirus before) so I bought a 1 year subscription.

Almost immediatley my computer went to a crawl, My pages open after lagging for several seconds. My typing lags a few seconds per LETTER! My computer pratcially freezes up and gives me a sound that comes through the speakers (repetitive beeping) that I havent heard since windows 98!

Is this how it is going to be from now on? Did I mess up by purchasing BD TS?

I thought maybe my computer needed a good clean up so like I do every now and then I resinstalled my windows from a reformatted state.

I now have only a few programs installed one being BD and the same crap is happening.

I am uninstalling it unless you guys have any ideas how to make it faster.

THANKS!

Vista Ultimate sp2 64bit

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

Make sure you clean all Zone Alarm remainings before installing BD.

BD+ZA=hate.

• stba
    Options
    Make sure you clean all Zone Alarm remainings before installing BD.

BD+ZA=hate.

I actually have reformatted and reinstalled windows and then installed BD with the same problems.

Thanks.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually have reformatted and reinstalled windows and then installed BD with the same problems.

Thanks.

The support team will ask you for more info and will recommend you what to do from monday ,so keep an eye on this thread .

Are you doing something in particular when the computer freezes ,i mean some P2P clients running in the background or websurfing ?

• stba
    Options
    The support team will ask you for more info and will recommend you what to do from monday ,so keep an eye on this thread .

Are you doing something in particular when the computer freezes ,i mean some P2P clients running in the background or websurfing ?

Thanks. I just chatted with a Tech who suggested I run a diagnostics tool and send it to them.. WAY to much hassle but I will do it.

Thinking about moving back to ZoneAlarm.

Eric

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello stba ,

Please reply to the email that we have sent you and we will get back to you with a proper workaround as soon as we finish analyzing the reports received from you.

Thank you .