Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Core 1, 100% At Random Times

Options

first i have to say i am extremely disappointed with your tech support. one of the worst i have come across. i have sent them numerous emails [Ticket ID:200907011001721] and requested files with no response to date. very poor!!!!!

this is my last hope and i need an answer to my problem, whic is: similar to the above to individuals, at random times, 5 minutes after i turn my computer on, 2 hours after, 6 hours after and so on, my core 1 (i have a quad core cpu and running vista ultimate x64 on a dell raid controller) cpu usage jumps to 100% and my network connection breaks and indicates 'limited connectivity' and i obviously loose the internet and the computer slows down significantly. in task manager, there is no apparent service which uses the cpu other than idle, even with all users, so i don't know what service is using the cpu. i know the problem is with bit defender because when i uninstalled it for a week, risking the security of my computer, there were no such issues. as soon as i reinstalled bitdefender total security the problem came back. this is my last appeal to bitdefender tech support. finally can i get some answers!!!!!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello cmr ,

One of my colleagues sent you an email on 07/08/2009 . The email contain an attachment with a diagnose tool and most probably it was considered a potential threat by your email provider . The email was blocked and that is why you have not received , leading to this unfortunate sittuation . I have sent you another reply with some steps that you need to follow in order to send us a new report . Until you follow these steps we suggest you trying the following workaround :

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel -> right click on your Desktop and choose

NVIDIA Control Panel .

2. On the NVIDIA Control Panel Select a Category... page, select Networking.

3. Select Configure FirstPacket settings to open the associated page and

click the Settings tab.

4. Select the Disable FirstPacket option and look if the same situation occur .

We are waiting forward to your reply .

• Hello cmr ,

One of my colleagues sent you an email on 07/08/2009 . The email contain an attachment with a diagnose tool and most probably it was considered a potential threat by your email provider . The email was blocked and that is why you have not received , leading to this unfortunate sittuation . I have sent you another reply with some steps that you need to follow in order to send us a new report . Until you follow these steps we suggest you trying the following workaround :

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel -> right click on your Desktop and choose

NVIDIA Control Panel .

2. On the NVIDIA Control Panel Select a Category... page, select Networking.

3. Select Configure FirstPacket settings to open the associated page and

click the Settings tab.

4. Select the Disable FirstPacket option and look if the same situation occur .

We are waiting forward to your reply .

I am having PRECISELY the same problem. It happens randomly but frequently.

I also had this exact problem about a year ago and it went away on its own. This time it began immediately after installing BitDefender Internet Security 2009 5 days ago.

My problem's symptoms are identical to those of CMR (slow computer, 100% on Core 1, 33% memory load, disconnection from internet, etc). The only remedy is a restart and sometimes that is impossible and a reset is required.

Please provide a solution. I tried the NVIDIA workaround but i have no "Networking" option in my NVIDIA control panel. It is all Display controls.

Thank you.

Terry

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello TerryBFla ,

In order to better understand this issue , we have sent you an email that will help you generate some reports on your system . Please reply with these files attached .

Thank you .