Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Smb Disable

Options

Hi,

I have BD Internet Sec 2009 running on my computer.

I'm installing a Iomega Home Media Server on my netwerk.

Everything is OK, I only have 1 problem.

I can't connect the hard disk because something called "SMB" is blocking it which has to do with my firewall.

Can someone tell me how I can disable this?

Thx

mark

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello EBBRspotter ,

If you can , we would like you take a screen-shot of the message that you receive when you try to connect your hard drive . Here is what you have to do :

1. When the window is on your desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right). At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows clipboard;

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3. Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4. Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply here with the image attached.

Thank you .

• Hello EBBRspotter ,

If you can , we would like you take a screen-shot of the message that you receive when you try to connect your hard drive . Here is what you have to do :

1. When the window is on your desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right). At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows clipboard;

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3. Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4. Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply here with the image attached.

Thank you .

I'll try it tomorrow when I get home.

The message will be in Dutch.

I hope someone understands this.

Greetings

Mark