Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is This Windows Security Alert A Problem

Options

I have Spyware Doctor on my computer. I do not have any of the real time protection (the IntelliGuard) enabled. I do not allow it to run at startup. I open it only to scan for spyware and then close it down. This is the way I've been running it for a couple of years with no problems.

Ever since I recently installed the Vista service packs (1 & 2) instead of BitDefender showing up in my Security Center under the "Spyware and other Malware Protection," it shows that Windows Defender and Spyware Doctor are both turned off, and I have the security alert in my task bar.

However, when I open BitDefender it shows that all protection is on and when I hold my mouse over the icon in the task bar it says "No issues affect your computer."

When I uninstall Spyware Doctor then my Security Center, under the "Spyware and Malware Protection," shows that BD is up to date and running, and the alert disappears.

So is Spyware Doctor actually interfering with anything ... as long as BitDefender says there are no issues affecting my computer?

I'd appreciate anyone's advice on this.

Thank you