Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Application.mirc.m - An Unwanted Program?

Options

I scanned my PC with BitDefender today and found that BitDefender has treated an installed program, namely mICR as Application.MIRC.M virus. Now, the program has been moved to the quarantine. Isn't mIRC a well-known program as stated in the whitelist of BitDefender Firewall? Or that version of mICR installed on my machine is a virus actually? I'm now confused and don't know what to do. Should I restore it or uninstall the program right now? If I am supposed to uninstall immediately, then what is the best way? Go to Control Panel and uninstall it in the Add And Remove Programs panel? I have also checked BitDefender Virus Encyclopedia, only

Backdoor.IRC.Sticy.A virus is relevant to mIRC, but I'm sure which mIRC it refers to, the one which is a virus and with same name as mICR? Please help, thanks a lot.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello jackie

BitDefender just informs you because some trojans uses mirc to make contact to a particular server to send information how many pc's are infected,receiving information or can control your computer with keyboard commandos. But when I read your post you have installed mirc so you don't have to worry about it.

You can do this open BitDefender go to antivirus,shield,custom level don't scan from this path (applied on all levels- now press on add (new) item and browse to the installation directory of mirc. After you done that go to the quarantine section of BitDefender and restore the mirc files. But during a normal scan it will still being detected.

Regards

Niels

• Thanks a lot, Niels. By the way, what do you think of BitDefender? Is it good? Before I started using BitDefender, I used Norton and Nod32. Nod32 company claims that its products are the best and never miss any viruses. It also prove its products by comparing its products with others. Anyway, I did view a report of Top 10 antivirus products from somewhere, according to the report I viewed, BitDefender was the first, and followed by Kaspersky and Nod32. So, it proves that there's no the best antivirus product in the world. What do you think which antivirus is better among antivirus products all over the world?

• Niels
    Options

Hello jackie

You are right there isn't any anti-virus that catches every infection.

I find BitDefender very good for the following reasons: good support (telephone,email,livechat), quick updates,rescue cd-rom, possibility for installing it on multiple pc's/laptops,the duration of the subscription. You should decide which is the best for you by download trials but always remove your previous anti-virus.

I am BitDefender fan so I would say BitDefender. That answer you will also receive on other forums that are related to one anti-virus.

Glad that I could help you.

Regards

Niels

• Thanks for your reminder. I also found that BitDefender is good enough because of the reasons you told. One more reason is it's easy and convenient to use. For example, you may scan any file by simply dragging it onto the bar at the right corner below.

• Niels
    Options

Hello jackie

I just named a few reasons why to buy BitDefender.

Don't hesitate to post any problems I and the rest of the crew will happy to answer them.

Regards

Niels