Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Doubts Relating Bitdefender Internet Security 2009

Options

Hello fiends!

I had been a ********* fan for long but recently a few of my friends told me that Bitdefender is better. So I downloaded the trial version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 to give it a try.

As I am absolutely new to its interface, I couldnt understand a few things. I hope you experienced guys out here can help me out.

1. After installing, there is no sign of Bitdefender icon in the task bar. Does this mean that real yime scanning it is not running or is it a feature.

2. I am in the advanced view and on checking "Privacy Control", it shows it is disabled and everything under it is greyed out. I am just not able to find a way to enable it. In the basic view, I have enabled every thing as enabled, but I still cant switch it on.

3. In firewall, if I want a software to operate normally with all access rights for my LAN but shouldn't be allowed to access my internet connection, how can I do that.

4. Is there a update file which I can download, running which will update my definitions to the latest without running the Auto update feature. If not, is there a way to backup the definitions after running the auto update.

Please help.

Comments

• ad.1 - these are GUI bugs that appeared on an product update from v12.0.11.5 to above

it means that to my knowledge the last build of BIS2009 without any interface issues, like disappearing tray icon, is 12.0.11.5

i got this one installed, and whenever i tried to update to a new build i encountered these issues, and i had to restore my system with ghost image to get back to previous version.

then i don't let any further product update, only vir definitions.

of course i had to disable automatic update, click to update manually, and when the windows pops up, i uncheck product update leaving signatures highlighted.

unfortunately i couldn't find the way to download 12.0.11.5 setup

you can only get the newest build.

ad.2 - see ad.1

ad.3 - in a firewall window change default action to "Report", so if any software tries to connect to internet, BDIS will ask you for permission.

you may also set permissions manually - go to Rules tab where you can add executables to the list and allow or deny permissions for each.

ad.4 - in an Update window uncheck Automatic update, click "Update now" and you'll be prompted with a pop-up about installing new signatures and product updates - you may allow or cancel any.

hope this helps

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello go4saket ,

Regarding the issue that your BitDefender icon is not displayed near your computer clock and that the Privacy Control module appears unavailable , we have sent you an email for further investigation . Please reply when you have time .

Thank you .