Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Rules

Options

Every time my SUPERAntispyware starts I get a pop up from BitDefender stating that a rule has been created. I thought once a rule was created it was then in place. Are you supposed to get this same message over and over and if not, could someone help me with creating the rule so it stays in place?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Nikilet ,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender , go to Advanced View then click on the Firewall module .

2. Under the Settings tab , click on the button called Advanced Settings and make sure that the option called "Ignore changes in signed processes" is checked then click on Ok .

3. Now , click on the Rules tab and then click on the Advanced button .

4. Look after the rule created for your antispyware program and delete it . In order to this , select it then click on the minus ("-") button from the upper right side of the current window .

Now , a new rule should be created when this program is connecting to the Internet and no other pop-ups should be displayed anymore after that.

Thank you .

• Hello Nikilet ,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender , go to Advanced View then click on the Firewall module .

2. Under the Settings tab , click on the button called Advanced Settings and make sure that the option called "Ignore changes in signed processes" is checked then click on Ok .

3. Now , click on the Rules tab and then click on the Advanced button .

4. Look after the rule created for your antispyware program and delete it . In order to this , select it then click on the minus ("-") button from the upper right side of the current window .

Now , a new rule should be created when this program is connecting to the Internet and no other pop-ups should be displayed anymore after that.

Thank you .

I did as you described above, and it seems to have worked in that I'm no longer getting this message that SUPER has been allowed to connect to the Internet and a rule has been created. However, now I'm wondering if this has created another problem.

I closed down SUPERAntispyware

Then I went to the location you gave me and removed the rule

I reopened SUPER and there was no pop up about the firewall rule

I clicked to update SUPER and it ran and showed that it had updated.

I closed it down again and reopened it just to make sure I was no longer going to get the pop up about the firewall rule.

I again clicked to update and it ran and appeared to download the very same update.

I opened BD and checked to see if there was in fact a new rule created and there was.

I have now written to SUPER and will wait to hear back from them.

I will get back to you on this if needed.

Thank you

• I did as you described above, and it seems to have worked in that I'm no longer getting this message that SUPER has been allowed to connect to the Internet and a rule has been created. However, now I'm wondering if this has created another problem.

I closed down SUPERAntispyware

Then I went to the location you gave me and removed the rule

I reopened SUPER and there was no pop up about the firewall rule

I clicked to update SUPER and it ran and showed that it had updated.

I closed it down again and reopened it just to make sure I was no longer going to get the pop up about the firewall rule.

I again clicked to update and it ran and appeared to download the very same update.

I opened BD and checked to see if there was in fact a new rule created and there was.

I have now written to SUPER and will wait to hear back from them.

I will get back to you on this if needed.

Thank you

Alex

The fix for the firewall rule didn't work afterall. I had to reboot and when I started SUPER I got the firewall rule message again.