Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Cd Failure

Options
NBNorth
edited February 2022 in The Archive

When I boot from 2009 rescue CD, it fails after searching slow USB devices, stating "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a very limited shell. Press reset button to quit."

I created the CD with Nero 9, including verification & finalization of written data. I don't know what to do with BitDefenderRescueCD_v1.0.0_3_08_2009.iso.md5, if anything.

I found meager documentation with Google Search. I welcome existing links to answers for my issue.

How do I get the CD to boot & load completely?

Also, my keyboard does not have a RESET button.

Dell Dimension 530 desktop, XP Home SP3, IE7, all hotfixes, 2 GB RAM, lots of available room on C:\ drive. All USB storage devices (external drive, flash drive) disconnected. USB connections remain for 2 printers, scanner, monitor, keyboard, & UPS.

Comments

• Hello NBNorth,

Try booting from a CD created using this link:

http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/...0_3_08_2009.iso

Also, if possible, try not to have any devices attached by USB to the system - if possible, plug the keyboard in using a PS2 port and the monitor into a VGA port. As a test, you could try creating a bootable CD with Knoppix(the Linux operating system) and try to boot the system from it in order to see if it gives you the same error message.

Thanks!

• When you boot the CD, press TAB to change the boot options. Add this to the end of the existing boot options:

all-generic-ide irqpoll

That allowed me to boot properly.

• Bandit
    Options

I had to revive this question because I noticed that this exact problem is occurring with the 2010 release as well on my system. Are there any ideas on how to get the Rescue CD working?

HP dv7-3000series laptop, 6GB RAM, dual 2.5Ghz AMD's.