Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Bitdender Total Sseurity Context Menus

Options

Seriously We've got more than enough explorer context "value added" coming from all directions already. You need to let us choose whether we want 3rd party apps to just add stuff at your discretion.

Pls

Is there a way to disable Especially the main "Scan with Bitdefender 2009" context menu item. It's easy enough to call up the program and do explicit scans when I choose to. I've done my best to track it down in the registry--looking at the usual suspects, also using a number of Context Menu tools---I'm not able to find where Bitdefender is inserting itself. It almost has to be a DLL that's somewhat surreptitiously--i.e not playing nice with windows and the registry--- staying off the radar but showing up as a context menu item.

Pls tell me how ya did it and how I can undo it. Cause I'll take off and Nuke Bitdefender from orbit if there's no solution here.

thks

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello streetskater ,

In order to remove the BitDefender contextual menu please follow the steps bellow :

1. Click Start then choose Run.

2. In the Run text filed type cmd and hit Enter .

3. Type the following command then hit Enter :

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdshelxt.dll"

4. Close the Command Prompt window and right click on your desktop to observe the changes .

Thank you .

• Thanks Alex. Figured it was prolly a Linked Library file but couldn't figure out which one. I already uninstalled BD--but I'm happy to re-install and keep using. It's a good scanner. Highly rated real-time AV too. I'm currently in research mode after finally giving up on SAVCE--now Endpoint, but still not quite getting the job done anymore.