Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Skipped Files

Options

Could someone please explain how these skipped files are chosen? Because there are certainly a lot of them in my Deep Scan today, like about a half of all files that I had scanned at the first Deep Scan two days ago.

Comments

• And not related to this ... but could something be done about the Optional Windows Updates? I get alerts about those from BD but I don't really want to install those updates, because I don't need them.

• Just as an additional note, I did disable them in the Vulnerability menu ... but they popped in when BD restarted from some reason at an update.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello AndreiRC ,

All files that appear as Skipped in the scan report are clean.BitDefender 2010 has a new feature called SmartScan, which decreases the duration of the scan by adding clean files to a cache so that they will be skipped at the next scan if the files have not been accessed or modified in any way. If a file that is already present in the cache is accessed, then it will be removed from the cache.

Thank you .

• That's what I wanted to know. If the file is accessed or modified, it is scanned again to make sure it's clean.

Got it. Thank you for the answer.