Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Has Lost It's Way

Options

Hi, I just want to say first of all that I just registered on the forum for the sole purpose of expressing my dissatisfaction with your product.

I had bitdefender 2008 and it was a solid performer so when it came time to renew a few weeks ago I decided to stick with bitdefender and bought Internet Security 2009... what a mistake!

Ever since I bought it, it scans ***EVERY SINGLE TIME*** I boot up even though I dont have my preferences set that way... and I mean EVERY time regardless of if it just did a complete scan 5 minutes before I shut everything down. This subpar product is CHOKING THE LIFE out of my year old computer with a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with plenty of memory. The computer was fine before I installed this bloatware.

Whats worse is that when I come to your site barely a month later I see now you have Internet Security 2010 out... so in other words you stuck me with an outdated and bloated product that is full of errors when I could have gotten the new version if I had only waited a month although maybe your 2010 product ###### as bad as 2009 I dont know.

Oh, btw- the CPU activity graph comes on EVERY TIME I boot up as well even though I manually uncheck the box again and again.

This really reminds me of Norton a few years back that had a good product but lost thier way and in subsequent versions went downhill and the result was that they angered so many loyal customers that they turned them into symantec HATERS that will never again use thier product no matter how much they improve it.

BTW, I have done some investigating and found out through google searches that I am not alone in getting these exact errors so it just goes to show the lackluster customer support which in my case has been non-existent as my e-mail to support has gone totally unanswered.

You took a loyal REPEAT customer and have turned him against your company so clearly the bitdefender product line is not what it once was and customer support seems like it could care less.

Congratulations.

Comments

• You are not the only one. BD doesn't play nicely with Vista. Had I know that I would never have gotten their product. Now I am trying to cancel my subscription and I get mails telling me to update to 2010. I dont want the product!!!!

Two days ago I switched to another product...and guess what..it WORKS. there are no messages that I have never scanned my computer. There hasnt been an issue where the scan runs and runs and runs. Or that malware hasnt been scanned for. I dont have to go into the use control panel to disable something so I can download a stupid patch.

My new product just runs. ahhhhhh.

If anyone is reading this I want to cancel my subscription!!!!!!!

• You are not the only one. BD doesn't play nicely with Vista. Had I know that I would never have gotten their product. Now I am trying to cancel my subscription and I get mails telling me to update to 2010. I dont want the product!!!!

Two days ago I switched to another product...and guess what..it WORKS. there are no messages that I have never scanned my computer. There hasnt been an issue where the scan runs and runs and runs. Or that malware hasnt been scanned for. I dont have to go into the use control panel to disable something so I can download a stupid patch.

My new product just runs. ahhhhhh.

If anyone is reading this I want to cancel my subscription!!!!!!!

Yes Bdefender doesnot play nicely with Vista and thats an understatement

I feel the pain of both of you History_Chick and dissatisfied,

I too switched to a well known AV and YES by me also everything works and NO frustation anymore See

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=11915

As I have PAID for a 2 Year subscription I check sometimes if things has improved but still NO improvement,Have lost a lot of Money !

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello dissatisfied,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

If you still want us to investigate this issue please reply to the email that we have sent you .

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.