Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Causing Errors.

Options

After much research I decided I wanted to give Bitdefender a try, and decided to ditch Mcafee. After a complete Mcafee uninstall and reboot I installed Bitdefender, but it's creating problems. Nothing on my computer ran correctly except Firefox. Everything from Adobe programs to Thunderbird and even Task manager and notebook. Nothing worked. Bitdefender worked, except for the firewall, which I didn't even bother trying to figure out considering the other issues.

So, I uninstalled and rebooted. After about an hour of using my computer with no abnormal behavior or errors, I decided to try installing it again, and got the same exact results. Nothing works. The error message: The applicaion failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)

I've uninstalled Bitdefender again, and again my computer is working fine. I've contacted a Mcafee rep with suspicions of some remnants of that program screwing things up, but they confirmed that Mcafee is completely off my computer.

As of now I'm glad I decided to try the trial version first, because clearly something's very wrong. I hope someone can help because right now I have no antivirus, and I'll have to try something else soon.

Vista SP2.

Intel Quad core Q6600

4GB RAM

32-bit OS

Nvidia 8800 GTX

Comments

• Ditto for me too... Rolling back to 2009....

Sad to say that as I am a reseller :(

• So I guess it's a problem with 2010. Was this a beta or something?

• So I guess it's a problem with 2010. Was this a beta or something?

Same errors I'm having:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15079

That error code means it's causing access violations.

This problem was a part of BD 2010 Beta 3. I reported it immediately then, and they never fixed it before release.

• Same errors I'm having:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15079

That error code means it's causing access violations.

This problem was a part of BD 2010 Beta 3. I reported it immediately then, and they never fixed it before release.

same error for me. IS2010 german, Vista Home Premium SP1. No App, even the taskmanager, is starting up. Always getting a 0x0000005....

• Wow. That's terrible. I read so many good things about Bitdefender, but in retrospect I believe I was reading 2009 reviews.

At any rate, I can't wait around for bugs to be fixed so I'm now on a Norton 30 day trial. I'd still give Bitdefender a try if they'd sort this out.

• I've also got some random BitDefender toolbar in my ThunderBird extensions. I don't have the option to uninstall it, and I've removed it from the extensions folder, yet it's still there. I've uninstalled Bitdefender, I don't get it. How do I get rid of this?

• I've also got some random BitDefender toolbar in my ThunderBird extensions. I don't have the option to uninstall it, and I've removed it from the extensions folder, yet it's still there. I've uninstalled Bitdefender, I don't get it. How do I get rid of this?

Not sure.

I hope they fix these errors soon. Until then, good bye BitDefender. Let us know when it's fixed, as I do love your security product, but I cannot stand the bugs as of right now....

• I've used BitDefender for 4 years and as my version of 2009 was expiring and now wish I hadn't installed 2010. My computer is totally unusable I am unable to start Control Panel so that I can uninstall programs. Thunderbird will not open, nothing operates except a web browser, error 0xc0000005

Why was this error not fixed before 2010 was released?

I've attempted to contact Technical Support and I am totally unable to contact any support they want me to download a dump program which is fine except I am unable to start it due to the same error 0xc0000005 my computer in effect is frozen and useless due to installing BitDefender 2010

• Here's how to uninstall it. Make sure you use the uninstall tool as well. I would roll back to '09 if I were you, or try something else. At least you'll be able to use your computer then.

http://www.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-t...itDefender.html

• dhl
    Options

@dougefresh : do you, by any means, have Google Desktop installed on your machine ? There was an incompatibility between Active Virus Control Component of BitDefender and some older Google Desktop versions, this was fixed by a BitDefender update yesterday afternoon. If the problem still persist, please open BitDefender, go to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings and disable the checkbox "Active Virus Control is enabled". After that, please install the latest version of Google Desktop, then perform a manual update of BitDefender (Update -> Update Now button). After that, please reenable the Active Virus Control.

I have the same problem. . . I can disable the bdtoolbar, but can not uninstall it completely. I guess I'm being an*l about it, because disabling works, but I would really like to remove the d*mn thing completely if possible. . . Any suggestions to try?????

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello GEvans ,

If you want to completely disable the BitDefender Antispam toolbar for Mozilla Thunderbird, you should rename the BitDefender dll file which loads it following the steps bellow :

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode .

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Go to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 and rename the file "bdtb.dll" into "bdtb.d_" .

3. Restart your computer in Normal Mode .

Thank you .