Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis 2009 Problems Problems

Options

I've installed the program on 3 computers, it slows them down even when not scanning. Sometimes the computers even don't respond for a certain period (without having other tasks).

On my main developer computer I haven't installed any other AV/Firewall programs, the main problem here is that Bitdefender gets choked in the file versioning program that I use (SVN). It contains a lot of nested invisible files and Bitdefender treats them as rootkits. Eventually Bitdefender needs all system resources and isn't able to complete a full scan, in the end it gets stuck and its serverices are disabled.

To be short on this, I'm not happy with the product and I asked my money back (which I'm still waiting for after 10 working days).

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello tcvdveer,

One of my colleagues from the Customer Care department will contact you in regards to your refund request .

Until then, you should try though to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the next steps . After you do this, you can add to exceptions from scanning, the program that you mentioned and everything should work ok after that .

Thank you .

• tcvdveer
    edited September 2009
    Options

Thank you for the response Alex. I tried the 2010 version, same problem with the svn and I don't want to skip them (as they are infected in case the original file is infected). Also at times (without any specific action), the vsserrv service is dead and mentions that a restart is required. All of these problems don't occur with the demo I used from the Kaspersky variant, but unfortunately I don't like their prices and neither their suport sales and aftersales.

I got word that the refund has been made, many thanks for your efforts.

Tom