Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Security Center Stealing Focus

After my reinstall of the malfunctioning BitDefender product I have had problems losing focus of the active window. After doing quite a bit of research I can confirm that it is the tray-minimized security center that is the guilty one.

It does not matter which application is the active one. All of a sudden you cannot type in text and notice that the window title bar has turned from blue (active) to grey (passive). You have to click the window to regain focus. If one alt-tabs immediately after losing focus the "Bitdefender Security center" is the first to show up. The problem is that this window should NEVER get the focus as it resides in the System Tray.

This is quite an annoyance as it happens several times a day.

The Build number is 12.0.12.

Markku

Comments

• Okay, that's it. I am feeling a lot better now having completely uninstalled Bitdefender 2009 after five months of daily usage.

The frustration grew too hight due to the following reasons:

- Continuous needs to reboot after updates during the early weeks

- The software getting the "update has never been performed" error that took a day to correct

- Horrendous CPU usage which made working very unpleasant

- Some part of the control sofware constantly stealing the window focus

- almost 500MB of virtual memory usage and constant slowdowns due to this

- Nothing, nothing one can do even with 25+ years of professional computer experience, of which 20+ years working with Windows, Unix, Linux installations, customer support, troubleshooting and applications development.

I have never seen an antivirus product as bad as Bitdefender 2009. Even the F-Secure product I had to use in 2003 was better and I simply hated even that product. From what I have read about the upcoming 2010 it sounds even lower quality.

I still have 200 days of support (do you really call it support?) left but I have some work to do. And Bitdefender definitely will not help me doing it any quicker.

Never, never again.

• Hello mkn,

We regret the situations that you encountered with our 2009 product . If you agree, we recommend to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the next steps. Before you do this, due to some incompatibilities with Google Desktop, we recommend you to uninstall this program temporarily and then perform the upgrade .

Let us know how the new program works on your system .

Thank you .

• If you agree, we recommend to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the next steps. Before you do this, due to some incompatibilities with Google Desktop, we recommend you to uninstall this program temporarily and then perform the upgrade .

Are you serious? Really?

Having read the experience people have had with the BitDefender 2010 I would NEVER install it on my work computer. No way. You are welcome to keep the 200 days of "support" you owe me. Also, your warning about "Google Desktop incompatibilites" is a sign that there might very probably be more, much more to come. And - Google Desktop has been invaluable to me for years as I have thousands of documents I am using constantly. I will definitely not uninstall it because of "incompatibilites" with an inferior so-to-say security product.

I have installed another product already and the general feeling is as if i had my computer upgraded. It is much more responsive now, the memory usage is what it used to be before the BitDefender period.

I repeat this: I read good reviews of BitDefender in 2008 and finally went for it. That was the worst mistake I have made for years.

Never, never again.