Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Faults That Need Fixing Bdis2010 X86 &x64

Options

post-14196-1251796992_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1251797005_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1251797020_thumb.jpg[attachment

=5467:4.JPG]post-14196-1251797053_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1251797066_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1251797082_thumb.jpg

post-14196-1251797097_thumb.jpg

post-14196-1251797121_thumb.jpg

After getting more &more p**sed at the way this app is working, i decided to share with you all the problems,also included are some screens of them problems as follows

1, At windows start up bd takes too long to load and start all it's services (2mins)

2, The update module is very buggy, sometimes 7 out of 10 will ask for a reboot after a update, several services will stop as it tries to install the update files even does this when there is no available update ,

3,The anti-spam toolbar will take anything from around 5-10seconds to load in outlook express 6, sometimes it will fail to

load completely until a reboot

4 The vulnerability check has a problem with windows messenger, i do not even have this junk on my pc, but Bd detects it? and wants me to update it with windows live messenger junk,and so matter which check box i unselect it will still ###### it up as "OUTDATED"

5,The HOME NETWORK module does not function correctly most of the time in that it will not enable after entering the password that i set ,(i have reset this several times but it still does nothing) on the rare occasion it has worked as it was supposed to

these are just the problems that i have encountered (tip of the bit defenseless iceberg) maybe,lol here are some screens of these issue; even one that reared it's ugly head as i was writing this post)good timming)

post-14196-1251797036_thumb.jpg

Comments

• post-14196-1251800109_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1251800133_thumb.jpg

as i cant edit/add to my last post I'll have to do it this way

yet more problems are developing xp x86 sp2 only so far here is a couple of screens to help explain it, they just occur for no apparent reason this security is seriously flawed as it is,WHEN will it be fixed?????? not in 6mths time i hope,and no it is not other installed soft's causing it or a corrupted o/s or my hardware it is simply unfinished product ,all companies' such as bd do is try to blame other things,and the user instead of admitting defeat and getting on with fixing it ,any be prepared to accept criticism , so far using the live chat has been a waste of time if that is to represent this company then i maybe time to change av,as this is not good enough guys, i could not recommend bd in the future as i have done so in the past,i feel badly let down, part of this problem is the 2008 /9/10 why? why not just a version number? if your product is virtually bomb proof then why do you need to keep on changing it, adding useless gimmicky modules that just annoy us who have some idea of bloatware that microcrap throw at us sp3 for 1 example, windows live essentials for another you may be able to only install selected parts of it but it downloads and copies all to your hdd, for me a security suite that was the best at detecting viruses(forget other malware) a impregnable firewall decent antispam antphishing is all that is needed, i use an antispyware prog to scan for that(finds/deletes malware bd dont) i use a good defrag app that would wipe the floor with your sec suite and microcrap ones,i also use a free file eraser and a paid one that is a real destroyer of data, and a real registry cleaner, the built in modules are not a good replacement for this other software,and i doubt you really think it is, as all it is is a sales ploy, well i await news of when your gonna fix it all bd, but don't take too long as we all may be seeking a refund

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello davey,

In order to further troubleshoot this issues we have sent you an email that will help you run some diagnoses tools on your system . After you obtain these reports, please reply to our email with them attached . We are waiting your reply.

Thank you .

• Hello davey,

In order to further troubleshoot this issues we have sent you an email that will help you run some diagnoses tools on your system . After you obtain these reports, please reply to our email with them attached . We are waiting your reply.

Thank you .

discovered yet another bug with this product, it switches to "GAME MODE" by it's self,this i think is because it thinks my screen saver(part of xp pro) is a online game, so of course stops auto update,

which btw still has problems, heres my interpretation of what it does following pressing the "update now" button based on my observations over time, button pressed checking for updates to 100%then downloading updates even it there is no update downloaded it still says installing updates and seems to stall then box with vserv or what ever the service is had to be temp switched of for update also red cross in activity window,then this disappears ,a check to see if the update cycle had completed reveals that it expects to be re-booted ,to complete update process, but after a short time it downloads again,different data,and this warning need of re boot, is gone until the next update, if i unselect to wait instead of prompting for re boot, this problem is worse,bd goes gray and will not normalize until i restart, this will occur everytime it updates (win xp sp2 pro,x86,) but on vistax64 this don't happen???

i have btw tried a re -install of bd, but no changes to these issues,

• post-14196-1251905317_thumb.jpgpost-14196-1251905553_thumb.jpgquote name='davey' date='Sep 2 2009, 04:07 PM' post='64551']

discovered yet another bug with this product, it switches to "GAME MODE" by it's self,this i think is because it thinks my screen saver(part of xp pro) is a online game, so of course stops auto update,

which btw still has problems, heres my interpretation of what it does following pressing the "update now" button based on my observations over time, button pressed checking for updates to 100%then downloading updates even it there is no update downloaded it still says installing updates and seems to stall then box with vserv or what ever the service is had to be temp switched of for update also red cross in activity window,then this disappears ,a check to see if the update cycle had completed reveals that it expects to be re-booted ,to complete update process, but after a short time it downloads again,different data,and this warning need of re boot, is gone until the next update, if i unselected to wait instead of prompting for re boot, this problem is worse,bd goes gray and will not normalize until i restart, this will occur everytime it updates (win xp sp2 pro,x86,) but on vistax64 this don't happen???

i have btw tried a re -install of bd, but no changes to these issues,

here are some screens of yet another bug in this pile of sh#*t that will just occur for no reason and will not go away without a re boot win xpsp2 x86, so when is bd going to release the final version this is wrongly labels a final full version ,it should be beta 2, do we get our subscription back once this is finally fixed as a security programe that has all these problems cannot be secure can it it i would say be vulnerable to attack so unless this is sorted im gonna go back to 2008 at least it works

• post-14196-1251914632_thumb.jpgAs has already been reported about the home network refreshing issue, by doing the change profile from expert to novice or intermediate ect clears the orange warning message which displays following updates "i need reboot to complete update crap) but should you unselect wait for a reboot instead of prompting you still get the annoying small message box on your desktop asking to re-boot, either that or the bd tray icon goes gray,if you hover over it , you get multiple issues ect ect,

I have also noticed other problems when firewall is set to "report" some program's will keep making (asking) rules in the firewall each time, apps like IEPRO does it, it is a download manager add on for ie7 but i found why this is,

Instead of making a rule for any cmd line it will create a new one for each download from a new address,as the bd firewall don't recognize it properly, some other app's have also done this. unless you look in the rules /advanced menu the typical user would not know,and think that bd was forgetting allowed firewall rules,The majority of these issue that we all have been reported should not be occurring, they should of been fixed before release not after yet again bd year after year you do this to us,use our systems guinea pigs are used in a laboratory , and if the normal slow response for fixing them is the same as previous years then it will be may 2010 before this works 100% on 99%of systems,

not a good way to keep you loyal customer base bd is it????, all these reviews on other sites that recommend this product and say how good it,they have not got a clue,or it's propaganda to con us all,unless this is fixed and soon, i will be seeking ways to make sure the truth is outthere in abundance all over the net just how poor this product actually works,and how support seem to be dragging their heels in fixing these issues,maybe just maybe then who ever runs the shoddy show may sit up and ttake notice,especially when would be customers give it a wider berth

• post-14196-1251917790_thumb.jpg

post-14196-1251914632_thumb.jpgAs has already been reported about the home network refreshing issue, by doing the change profile fromac7a9a9aa38cc8f expert to novice or intermediate ect clears the orange warning message which displays following updates "i need reboot to complete update crap) but should you unselect wait for a reboot instead of prompting you still get the annoying small message box on your desktop asking to re-boot, either that or the bd tray icon goes gray,if you hover over it , you get multiple issues ect ect,

I have also noticed other problems when firewall is set to "report" some program's will keep making (asking) rules in the firewall each time, app's like IE.PRO does it, it is a download manager add on for ie7 but i found why this is,

Instead of making a rule for any cmd line it will create a new one for each download from a new address,as the bd firewall don't recognize it properly, some other app's have also done this. unless you look in the rules /advanced menu the typical user would not know,and think that bd was forgetting allowed firewall rules,The majority of these issue that we all have been reported should not be occurring, they should of been fixed before release not after yet again bd year after year you do this to us,use our systems guinea pigs are used in a laboratory , and if the normal slow response for fixing them is the same as previous years then it will be may 2010 before this works 100% on 99%of systems,

not a good way to keep you loyal customer base bd is it????, all these reviews on other sites that recommend this product and say how good it,they have not got a clue,or it's propaganda to con us all,unless this is fixed and soon, i will be seeking ways to make sure the truth is out there in abundance all over the net just how poor this product actually works,and how support seem to be dragging their heels in fixing these issues,maybe just maybe then who ever runs the shoddy show may sit up and take notice,especially when would be customers give it a wider berth

here is a screen of what is see after leaving my pc unattended with the windows screen saver set to start after a period of inactivity but note the time the last update was installed(time of last installed update 18:57:21) no were near 1 hr from that time(last checked 19:26:35) why is bd searching for updates before the set default 1 hr period has elapsed??? does this thing do any thing correctly yet another issue to my list (bd thinks windows a screensaver is a game)