Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Log Onto Paypal

Options

I have not been able to log onto Paypal for over three weeks. I get the error message "problem with websites security certificate" then I get the part that says I can go there but it is not recommended, I get "page not found HTTP 404" error message. It is as if Paypal does not exist.

I also can not restart my computer to an earlier date, I have tried but it takes over 45 minutes and says that it could not do it. I thought this might fix the problem with Paypal.

Has anyone else had this problem where one website seems to not exist when it does?

Thanks.

Bob D. :(:(:(

Comments

• Your operating system? Which Bitdefender product (Antivirus, Internet Security, Total Security, 2008/9/10)? Your Paypal userID and password?

B)

• I am using Miscrosoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3, Bitdefender product - Antivirus 2009. Paypal user ID and password- I don't think so, not giving that out.

I've had other problems with Bitdefender too, that someone else just posted about it being off and their logo being gray. Don't like it.

Bob D.

Your operating system? Which Bitdefender product (Antivirus, Internet Security, Total Security, 2008/9/10)? Your Paypal userID and password?

B)

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello rrdeffinger,

Please follow these steps and let us know what happened:

1. Open BitDefender and SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Make sure the following items are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

5. Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes .

Regarding the other issue that you mentioned we suggest you performing the instructions from the next link:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14743 .

Thank you .

• Did what you suggested for the top problem with Paypal, and there was no change. Any other suggestions?

Bob D. :(

I am using Miscrosoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3, Bitdefender product - Antivirus 2009. Paypal user ID and password- I don't think so, not giving that out.

I've had other problems with Bitdefender too, that someone else just posted about it being off and their logo being gray. Don't like it.

Bob D.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello rrdeffinger,

Please open BitDefender, go to Advanced View then click on the Antivirus module. Try disabling the Antiphishing protection as well and look what is happening.

Also, click on the Privacy Control module, turn it off and look if the same situation occurs.

Thank you .

• Tried both and got the same results, still can't log onto Paypal.

Thanks for trying to help.

Bob D. :)

quote name='Alex Stanciu' date='Sep 4 2009, 03:21 PM' post='64750']

Hello rrdeffinger,

Please open BitDefender, go to Advanced View then click on the Antivirus module. Try disabling the Antiphishing protection as well and look what is happening.

Also, click on the Privacy Control module, turn it off and look if the same situation occurs.

Thank you .

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello rrdeffinger,

We have contacted you through the email and sent you a procedure that will help us determine if this issue is caused by BitDefender. Please reply after you perform those steps .

Thank you .