Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Eat's My Office Files

Options

post-14196-1252095591_thumb.jpg

this is the files that bd has deleted they was genuine Microsoft files, but as you can see it gives the "Trojan generic" and some numbers each time indicating to me it don't have clue ,these are false positives,what will it delete next? system 32 perhaps,or it's self would be better, btw, the product it deleted the files from is Microsoft office pro,2003,

it also alerted me that my pc is infected by multiple viruses, which i know is total boll""ks!!!! well i tried but now it eats good files time for it to go to my recycle bin i(and permanently deleted) think,one thing i wont be doing is re-installing my o/s because of this lousy buggy app

Comments

• You can tell BD what to do with detected files, for example move them to the quarantine folder instead of deleting them... For details please read BD's Help.

• You can tell BD what to do with detected files, for example move them to the quarantine folder instead of deleting them... For details please read BD's Help.

hi, sorry i forgot to also say, that i have bd set to firstly disinfect, secondly quarantine infected files and take no action for suspicious files, for on demand scanning, and real time protection too, bd was not performing a scan task initiated by me, it just popped up with the blocked pop up box, but a view of the history log, reveals that in fact is was deleted it has since deleted one of the same file names that was in system restore, i have btw recovered both the related installers to their original locations i think, but as bd overwrites the install file/folder ect they are not recoverable, but yeh if i had set it to delete infected files fair enough , but i did not, 2008 would also do the same, but not with known legit files, as i had that on my pc for the past 18mths ,and before that version 10 Internet sec ,what a good prog that was in its day?