Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Conflict With Every Dvd Player Program

Options
specimen
specimen ✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in Bitdefender 2010 products

Dear all

I have the problem with BD 2010

BD have conflict with every DVD player software.

It freeze every software and at last make my PC freeze

First of all, I think the problem because of my PC so I format my PC and re install.

I have the same problem with all DVD player software (window media player, KM player, VLC player, Power DVD 9 (trial), Corel win DVD (trial)

When I read this forum and found someone face the same problem like me but he has the problem with only power DVD.

I try to disable BD, everything work fine.

The solution you recommend from another topic is useless in this case because I do not use Power DVD.

I think BD have some conflict with CODEC not with the software because it make every software freeze.

Now, I plan to uninstall BD temporary and install the trial version of your competitor till I can find the better solution.

Have you any better solution recommended me to follow up?

Regards,

For more information. This problem not occur when I use BD 2009

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello specimen,

Please let us know what BitDefender module did you disabled exactly in order to stop having these issues ?

Thank you .

• specimen
    Options

Dear Alex

I disable the antivirus module.

When I enable it, the problem return again.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Specimen,

Open BitDefender, click on Settings, choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok . Click on Antivirus, enable it then select the Advanced Settings button . Here disable Active Virus Control then click on Ok.

Look if the same issues occurs after that .

Thank you .

• specimen
    Options

Dear Alex

Sorry, I remove BD from my PC already.

If I re-install it and follow up your procedure, I can continue using BD or not.

IS this the solution or only try.

If I can continue use BD, I will re install but if I just only test follow up your procedure and have to remove it again, I cannot do it. My PC quite not stable.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello specimen,

Most certainly the Active Virus Control feature is causing the issues that you encountered. You can reinstall BitDefender and after that you can keep this option enabled and add to exceptions the programs that were interfering with this option . In order to do this here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender, click on Settings choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok.

2. Click on Antivirus, select the Advanced Settings button and under Exclusions select the add button, represented by the "+" sign .

3. After that browse to the location where the DVD program is installed (most probably in C:\Program Files), look after its main executable (".exe") file and add it to the list .

Thank you .

• specimen
    Options

Dear Alex

Sorry for my late answer.

I will follow up your recommendation.

Thanks for your helpful.