Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Other Security Apps

Options

There are multiple BD versions out there, Antivirus is just the AV program, Internet Security is AV and Firewall Antispam Parental controls etc. Then there is total security which includes defrag, registry cleaner etc. I currently am running the trial version of TS but I also have an active license for IS which will expire soon. If I get a license for one of the lesser versions (AV or IS) are there any other security apps that will work to fill in the missing holes? For example if I want my own firewall and get the basic BD Antivirus, are there any that will not conflict with BD? If I want my own registry cleaner and defrag and get IS, are there any programs that do not conflict with its operation? Or is it just recommended to buy TS and use that exclusively so there are no conflicts. Dont really like the defrag and registry cleaner here thats why i was wondering.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello stevenomes,

If you have BitDefender Internet Security and you want to install other applications for defragmenting or cleaning your registries we recommend you to do that . There are some cases when BitDefender may interfere with some of these programs, but you always have the possibility to test them before purchasing .

If you only want to use the standard BitDefender antivirus program and a standalone Firewall, you can do this, but there were some cases though, when some of our users who used Zone Alarm free firewall installed encountered slowdowns at startup . This issue is currently analyzed by my colleagues from the testing team and hopefully a solution will be released soon .

Thank you .