Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Actually Removing The Viruses

Options

Ok I downloaded BD 2010 and ran it on my which I know has viruses, it found over 1900 viruses or it says. I told it to delete and it did. But when I run the virus again they are still there or the majority of them. What is the problem?

Also I ran the scan on my laptop and it found 2, but it says take action, I told it delete but it came back saying it cannot do anything to the file. How do I fix those to problems.

Thank you for your time and help.

Comments

• I do apologize for the bad grammar I used, I was typing too quick and did not re-read it.

• it found over 1900 viruses or it says.

1900 viruses? seriously? I would highly recommend to forget about cleaning them.... and stop using you PC for all internet activity, especially online banking....

Back up your data.... back up your drivers... and reformat that Hard drive... Sometimes its a lot easier/better to restart with a clean slate...

• 1900 viruses? seriously? I would highly recommend to forget about cleaning them.... and stop using you PC for all internet activity, especially online banking....

Back up your data.... back up your drivers... and reformat that Hard drive... Sometimes its a lot easier/better to restart with a clean slate...

Well all of this was because I downloaded a file to recover a MS word file that when I transfered it became 0 KB and some I cannot open. But that was just from 1 or 2 programs, I reformatted and the problem was still there. I made sure I deleted the partition, resized it and did a quick NFTS. So what else can I do?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello maged,

We need to have a look on the scan report. Try to run another Deep System Scan, save the scan report, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link . Here is what you have to do :

- Before running the scan please make sure that you have the latest virus definitions downloaded via the Update module: open BitDefender, click on the "Settings" button, click on Expert Mode then click on Ok . Click on Update then choose the "Update Now" task on the right;

- After the update process completes successfully you can proceed to running the scan task: select the "Deep Scan" task;

- When the scan ends, click the "Show Log File" button at the bottom right of the scan window; A browser window will open displaying the scan report; Save this file on a location of your choice and upload it on the mentioned site.

Thank you .

• - When the scan ends, click the "Show Log File" button at the bottom right of the scan window; A browser window will open displaying the scan report; Save this file on a location of your choice and upload it on the mentioned site.

Thank you .

Ok I ran the scan again and here is the link, it's a xml file

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lnpkfn

Thank you.

• I do apologize if you looked at the previous link, I've fixed that computer for the most part, this laptop is by far the worst.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ng0jpn

I cannot run any antispyware or antivirus programs on this computer, every time I try to run a scan it closes the program deletes the main file for that program and turns it into hidden and read only which I cannot touch it. I've tried to remove the read only and hidden but it says access denied (permission). I've also tried to load in safe mode, and also loading windows from a CD (windows PE) but still access denied. I've tried a software to delete still could not. It's really bad that I cannot run any scans to try to remove anything, only bitdefender can run and it missed up with the files as well but bitdefender cannot delete the 2 viruses it found or even move it.

Thank you for your help guys.

• If I were you I'd repartition the whole drive from a scratch.

First back up data you want to keep.

Then wipe the whole drive with some good software to make sure nothing is left,

and the drive is like straight from a store.

Set new partitions, format, reinstall OS and software.

Restore backed up data and scan for any bad guys there.

I know it's painful but it looks like you deal with really nasty vir, malware whatever...

so this way you might save your time anyway.

• magedassad
    edited September 2009
    Options

The thing is I have a lot of programs I really do not want to download, is there a way to back them up too? Or that is not recommended?

If I wanted to wipe the hard drive clean, what program would you recommend?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello maged,

We have sent you some steps that will help you retrieve us a file that we need to look on. Please reply to our email after you perform those instructions.

Thank you .