Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Add/deny Privacy Domain Setting

Options

Bd makes entries in the cookies/scripts domains listings like 'www.yahoo.com'.

I have made a lot of assumptions and am looking for clarifiactions.

1.) I assume that 'yahoo.com' is the same as 'www.yahoo.com', therefore I have been editing the entries and taking off any 'www' or 'http://' prefixes. Am I correct in this assumption?

2.) I assume that I can allow 'yahoo.com' and dis-allow 'ads.yahoo.com'. In this instance I believe cookies/scripts for 'yahoo.com' and 'anythingotherthanads.yahoo.com' are allowed, cookies/scripts for 'ads.yahoo.com' are not allowed. I believe that 'ads.yahoo.com' must appear in the allow/dis-allow list before 'yahoo.com'. Am I correct in my assumption?

3.) The help files say that I can drag and drop cookies/scripts allow/dis-allow domain entries in order to put them in the correct order but Drag and drop is not functional. It would be really nice to enable drag and drop as soon as possible in the interface.

Thanks, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello robrenden,

1. You are correct. For example, "www.google.com" is the same with "google.com" .

2. Unfortunately, you cannot block certain cookies or scripts as you described . For example, you said that if you block "ads.yahoo.com", anything that is related to "ads-xyz.yahoo.com" to be blocked. This is not possible because every entry is different.

3. I don't think the drag and drop feature is implemented in our product. If possible, please let us know in what section of the help file did you found this information .

Thank you .

• Thanks Alex.

I think you have answered my question but to be sure I will ask it in a different way to make sure.

1.) I have 3 entries in Privacy control:;Cookie Control List. They are (from top to bottom)

ads.yahoo.com (Deny Both)

sds.yahoo.com (Deny Both)

yahoo.com (Allow Both)

2.) So when I connect to www.yahoo.com Cookies from ads.yahoo.com are denied, Cookies from sds.yahoo.com

are denied and cookies from yahoo.com are allowed. Am I correct?

Drag & drop reference in the help files:

1.) Expert Mode->Privacy Control->Cookie Control->Configuration Window

2.) Expert Mode->Privacy Control->****** Control->Configuration Window

It is on both of these pages (below the image of the Cookie/****** control screens) next to a explamation point icon:

"Important

The rules are listed in order of their priority starting from the top, meaning the first rule has the highest priority. Drag&drop rules in order to change their priority. "

Implementing Drag&Drop would make cookie and ****** control much more usefull!

A Note:

domain names are case sensitive. an entry for 'Yahoo.com' (capital 'Y') is not valid (will not work) when the

domain is actually 'yahoo.com' (lower case 'y').

Another question/observation.

My Privacy log file is empty. I assume that you do not log Cookie and ****** control events as that would make for a very large file. is that true? Though I have no registry events logged I assume that BitDefender will log them. Is that true?

Programming change request:

having the ability to Export Cookie and ****** control entries from one PC/Installation that could then be imported into another PC/installation would would be really, really helpfull!

Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello robrenden,

1.), 2.) You are correct. If you deny ads.yahoo.com, the cookies loaded from this address will be denied as well.

Unfortunately, there was a mistake in the help file. The drag and drop option was not implemented in the BitDefender 2010 Privacy Control module. We are sorry for the inconvenience and please rest assure that we will forward this request along with the one that reffers to exporting, Cookies and ****** rules, to my colleagues which are responsible for developing this module.

Regarding the Privacy Control logs. If you go to the following location : C:\Documents and Settings\<current_username>\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles, you will find 2 files: "Cookie.xml" and "******.xml". In this files, are stored the Cookie and ****** rules.

In case you want to reinstall the product or install it on another computer, you may save these files and replace them after the installation is complete. Unfortunately you can do this only in Safe Mode because these files are protected.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you .