Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Install - Scan Failed

Options

Hi,

I recently installed 2010 on my sons new PC. Install seemed to work fine and allowed me to register the product with no problems.

The issue I am having is that it is permanently telling me I have a critical issue which is complete a full virus scan. When I click the fix now button or click run scan the scan fails every time.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue. I dont want to leave the PC at further risk.

Regards

Comments

• Does it say anything when it fails (error message?). Did you try running a regular scan without doing the "fix" option?

• hiya,

I've just had the same problem. I have a Dell laptop that I've got a Windows Vista 32 and Windows 7 64 dual boot set up. First I installed BitDefender 2010 antivirus on the Windows Vista 32 system and when trying to do the first deep or system scan it freezes the computer part way through the scan, the mouse can move but no programs will load, the task manager wont work and even the clock freezes. This happens when I do the fix option and when I do a scan manually. The quick scan works perfectly and finds nothing. I then thought that I could install BitDefender in Windows 7 64 and do a full scan from there. I have the same problem as I do in Vista except the computer reboots and comes up with a "recovered from a bluescreen" error. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I hope this is the same problem as what you are having so I'm not the only one. I just uninstalled AVG so I know I dont have any viruses, well as long as the active shield works.....

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jamie

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello theeslayer,

We would like you to go to the next location from your system :C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles and look after a file called "tasks_system.xml" . Upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ and then post here the download link .

Thank you .

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello irjimbob,

You have a different issue then the one described by theeslayer . That is why I have created you an email ticket and sent you a reply with some instructions that you need to follow in order to retrieve us some reports that we need to look on .

we are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .