Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 Update Issue

Options

Hey everyone,

I purchased Bitdefender 2009 a couple months ago, but upgraded to 2010 at the suggestion of one of the support staff. While working with 2009 on my desktop (running Windows 7 x64 RC (build 7100)) I had an issue with the computer crashing. It took me a while to investigate since I wasn't able to see much once it crashed, but I was finally able to determine that livesrv.exe was running a process called upgrepl.exe most every time the computer crashed. I talked to the Bitdefender support staff about it (along with a couple other issues I was having) and that was when they suggested that I upgrade to 2010, since it was coming out in a couple weeks at that time.

So I waited for it to come out. And I upgraded to it when it came out. I had some minor issue with installation that I'm pretty sure was because I'd installed something else since my last restart when I first tried to upgrade. But now it installs and registers just fine. Only problem is it still crashes when it updates. Or rather now it blue-screens. I can and have disabled the automatic update feature for the time being so that I can run other applications on the computer, but even if I manually tell the program to update, the computer BSODs. Since leaving the computer unprotected against new security risks is not desirable, what should I do?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Roomon1

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello roomon1,

If possible please have a look on the email that we have sent you and reply back with the reports that we need.

Thank you .