Need Help Removing Archive File

Comments

• Just disable antivirus and remove the file manualy or download CCleaner and run it to clean while bitdefender AV is disabled, then the file should be gone, then dont forgett to ENABLE AV again.

good luck.

• Just disable antivirus and remove the file manualy or download CCleaner and run it to clean while bitdefender AV is disabled, then the file should be gone, then dont forgett to ENABLE AV again.

good luck.

Hello, 1 question Vexila,

"Just disable..." do you means disable the BDIS 2009 Real Time protection??

Thanks in advance.

• Hello, 1 question Vexila,

"Just disable..." do you means disable the BDIS 2009 Real Time protection??

Thanks in advance.

exactly. - Just disable the real time protection.

• exactly. - Just disable the real time protection.

How do you disable it? I'm a novice so I basically ###### at computers, I'll rather be on the field, if you catch my drift.

I haved used TFC, CC cleaner, and AFT cleaner, but none of them removed them. Will disabling the real time protection and using CC cleaner remove it? If so, how do you disable the protection?

• Hello USMarine,

In order to remove those infected files please follow the steps bellow :

1. Disable the BitDefender real-time protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Set your computer to display hidden objects;

3. Browse and delete the following file(s):

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\ and delete the file called "Acr3FB.tmp"

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZUFVJHUJ\ and delete the "hOnly[1].pdf"

4. Empty the Recycle Bin;

5. Enable the real-time protection.

Below you will find complete instructions in terms of how to perform the above actions :

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on BitDefender 2009]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open BitDefender, "switch to Advanced View", go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

[how to EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN]

In order to remove all files from the Recycle Bin you need to:

- locate the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop;

- right click on it and select "Empty Recycle Bin" from the dropdown list.

Thank you .

• Hello USMarine,

In order to remove those infected files please follow the steps bellow :

1. Disable the BitDefender real-time protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Set your computer to display hidden objects;

3. Browse and delete the following file(s):

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\ and delete the file called "Acr3FB.tmp"

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZUFVJHUJ\ and delete the "hOnly[1].pdf"

4. Empty the Recycle Bin;

5. Enable the real-time protection.

Below you will find complete instructions in terms of how to perform the above actions :

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on BitDefender 2009]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open BitDefender, "switch to Advanced View", go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

[how to EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN]

In order to remove all files from the Recycle Bin you need to:

- locate the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop;

- right click on it and select "Empty Recycle Bin" from the dropdown list.

Thank you .

thank you, I found the virus in my temp folder, but I can't find the temporary internet folder. How do I find it? My brother is the pc owner, and whenever I try to open a folder, I get a access denied error. I was able to give myself full control on each folder I wanted to enter, but I don't know how to give full control for my user to ALL folders on the computer. Thanks in advance.

• Hello USMarine,

Please try to delete your temporary Internet files. Deleting the files can take up to a couple of minutes, depending on the cache size and the system speed. During this time the browser or the operating system might seem blocked.

Here is what you have to do :

Open Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, click on "Tools" menu, choose "Delete Browsing History...", then access the "Delete files" button and click on "OK" .

Run another scan and let us know if the same file infected files are detected .

Thank you .

• Hello USMarine,

Please try to delete your temporary Internet files. Deleting the files can take up to a couple of minutes, depending on the cache size and the system speed. During this time the browser or the operating system might seem blocked.

Here is what you have to do :

Open Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, click on "Tools" menu, choose "Delete Browsing History...", then access the "Delete files" button and click on "OK" .

Run another scan and let us know if the same file infected files are detected .

Thank you .

I've already done all those things. I have used software like TFC, CC cleaner and AFT cleaner as well, but they don't work either.

• Hello USMarine,

If you are not running an Windows account with Administrator privileges, then you might have problems deleting temporary files. Please ask your brother to login using an Administrator account and delete those files.

Cris.