Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

3dconnexion Space Mouse Issues....

Options

hello Everyone,

Ever since I upgraded to BD 2010, my 3DConnexion space mouse (SpaceNavigator PE) driver will not launch on Windows start up.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit, on an Intel Quad Core with X48 MoBo. This space mouse has been working flawlessly up until the BD 2010 install. At first, I thought is was the Windows service packs/updates etc, that BD installed (which I should have payed more attention to. I don't install Windows SP's or Updates until I know it won't screw with my CAD software). So, I backed out of each one with no success. I installed the latest drivers for the space mouse and at first I thought it worked but that only lasted for one reboot and then no-go.

BTW, I did try the space mouse on my laptop (Win XP) which also had the BD 2010 installed on it and it works fine.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Hello Steve,

Do you know the name of the process that should start on Windows Startup? If you don't, then check on the laptop to see what that process is.

After that, check if that process exists on the Windows Startup list on your Vista system.

Also, check if you enabled Registry Control in BitDefender (under Privacy Control settings). You might have accidentally blocked that application from registering as a startup entry.

After making sure that Registry Control in BitDefender doesn't block that process, try to manually add the mouse software to the startup list and see how it goes.

Cris.

• Hello Steve,

Do you know the name of the process that should start on Windows Startup? If you don't, then check on the laptop to see what that process is.

After that, check if that process exists on the Windows Startup list on your Vista system.

Also, check if you enabled Registry Control in BitDefender (under Privacy Control settings). You might have accidentally blocked that application from registering as a startup entry.

After making sure that Registry Control in BitDefender doesn't block that process, try to manually add the mouse software to the startup list and see how it goes.

Cris.

Cris,

The process was/is in the Windows Startup so, that's squared away.

Registry Control was not checked on. So, I need to turn it on and add the 3D mouse process to it, right? I did find a work-around. I turned off the Real-Time scanning and manually launched the process. Then I turned Real-Time scanning back on.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

• Registry Control was not checked on. So, I need to turn it on and add the 3D mouse process to it, right?

No really. If the Registry Control module is disabled, then the startup list won't be monitored by BitDefender. So, basically, all applications that want to register themselves as startup items, they are allowed to do so.

I did find a work-around. I turned off the Real-Time scanning and manually launched the process. Then I turned Real-Time scanning back on.

If disabling the Realtime Protection works, then please check the Active Virus Control list to see if you accidentally blocked that process from there.

Go to Antivirus -> Shield and click Advanced Settings. You will see there a list of applications. Check to see if the mouse application is listed there and what Action is set. If set to Blocked, change it.

Let me know how it works.

Cris.

• No really. If the Registry Control module is disabled, then the startup list won't be monitored by BitDefender. So, basically, all applications that want to register themselves as startup items, they are allowed to do so.

If disabling the Realtime Protection works, then please check the Active Virus Control list to see if you accidentally blocked that process from there.

Go to Antivirus -> Shield and click Advanced Settings. You will see there a list of applications. Check to see if the mouse application is listed there and what Action is set. If set to Blocked, change it.

Let me know how it works.

Cris.

Hello, i have this problem to, i check this and nothing its blocked.

Thanks to the engineerboy :) found the solution and i was mad with windows 7 lol

Hope Bitdefender stuff find a way to fix this.

• I did find a more permanent fix for anyone that run across this in the future. Under Antivirus --> Advanced Settings, add 3dxserv.exe to the exclusions. Now one doesn't need to turn the Real-time protection off temporarily.

• thanks

• tacarr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I did find a more permanent fix for anyone that run across this in the future. Under Antivirus --> Advanced Settings, add 3dxserv.exe to the exclusions. Now one doesn't need to turn the Real-time protection off temporarily.

Thanks diesel66 this worked for me on XP SP3 :D

• I did find a more permanent fix for anyone that run across this in the future. Under Antivirus --> Advanced Settings, add 3dxserv.exe to the exclusions. Now one doesn't need to turn the Real-time protection off temporarily.

FWIW, this worked for me, too. Only, I found the fix through the support forums for 3DConnexion.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. At this moment, as a workaround, please add the 3dxserv.exe process to Exclusions in BitDefender -> Expert Mode -> Antivirus module -> Advanced Settings.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you.

• Hello all,

In order to further investigate the 3dconnexion Space Mouse issue please be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

- your operating system and system architecture (if it is on 32 or 64 bits)

- please provide me with the name of the application you are running and, if possible, a download link for it

- are you able to run the application without having the device plugged in?

Thank you.