Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv Cpu Usage

Options

Hi forum

This is my first post.

I use bitdefender security suite 2010. Windows XP SP3.

The problem is I use the computer as my media centre. It runs my TV Through GBPVR. All things were running fine until a couple of weeks back. The TV Stopped every hour.

So I went into the task manager to see what was running. At 19 minutes past the hour Vsserv would crank up to 100% cpu usage for about 1 to 2 minutes. This then causes the tv live streaming process to stop, so I have to stop GBPVR and restart it.

Is there a way to limit the cpu usage to say 80% or is there another fix.

GBPVR records the live tv and then streams it over my network about 3 seconds later.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello dave.t,

As a workaround, please open BitDefender, click on Settings then choose the Expert Mode. Select the Antivirus module, click on "Advanced Settings" and disable the Active Virus Control . Look if you have the same issues .

Also, you should also try to disable different BitDefender modules to see if there is one which interferes with your TV software .

Thank you .

• dave.t
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hi Alex

I found another workaround

I gave the gbpvr recording service a high priority using a program called prio.

It adds tabs into the task manager and also adds a function saving the priority you want to give a processes.

So all my problems have worked out fine. I just thought I let you know as this might help other people.

Thanks again

Dave