Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 2009: Malware Scan Freezes

Options

Good day,

after a recent update, the AV 2009 malware scan refuses to complete. After hours and hours of scanning it seems to run into a dead halt while displaying the name of some cab-file from my Adobe Acrobat Reader installation. This behaviour is repetitive and can be reproduced, and happens on a second computer in my home in the same manner.

BitDefender Anitvirus 2009

Version 12.0.12.1

Any body else?

S• c••l

Comments

• Another hint: When scanning the affected folder separately, then the scan works fine and reaches completion ...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello S• c••l.

Let's try to add the path where these Adobe files are located to Exceptions so that BitDefender to skip scanning them next time. In order to do this please follow the steps bellow:

1. Open BitDefender and click on Switch to Advanced View.

2. Click on Antivirus then choose the Exclusions tab .

3. Make sure that the option "Exceptions are enabled" is checked then click on the Add button from the right(it is represented by a plus "+" ).

4. The Exclusion Wizard window will appear . At steps 1 choose the option "Do not scan file or folder paths" and hit Next.

5. At steps 2 click on the Browse button and browse to the location where these Adobe files can be found and then click on Ok. Choose Add after the path is displayed . After that click on Next .

6. At steps 3 leave the options as they are and hit Next.

7. At steps 4 leave the option "Select this if you want the scanning task to be started when you click finish" unchecked and then click on Finnish .

8 . Now you can click on the Virus scan tab and start a Deep System Scan .

Thank you .

• Seems to work – thanks, Alex. I did a scan just now until the crucial area, around the Adobe stuff, and it came through so far

I will start a complete scan over the coming weekend, which normally takes several hours. Should I keep the exception active?

Thanks -

S• c••l

• OK, I tried a complete scan today. Seems that the problem has only been shifted to another file: The scan freezes again, obviously while scanning another CAB-File and specifically scanning a PDF that is part of this CAB-file. This is just the same as what happened with the Adobe stuff: A PDF as part of a CAB-file brings the malware scan to a freeze ... :-(

• So, that’s it? Gonna live with it?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello S• c••l,

We recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the steps from the next topic:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 . You should not have the same issue, but if it still occurs, please let us know and we will further investigate this sittuation .

Thank you .

• All right – installed the 2010 version and the scan went through. But it took about 13 hours. Why is this?