[solved] Path Of Update Folder!

I cant update offline by run file weekly.exe. So I want extract that file to update offline! But I dont know where the update folder is!

Can you show me that path of update folder!

Thanks alot!

You can pm me by YM nick: <removed>

Comments

• Hello PHOENIX™,

The signature files are stored here: C:\program files\common files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner. There, you will find 2 folders with names similar to av32bit_XXXX (XXXX is a number). Signature files are stored in the folder with the higher XXXX number (the other one is a backup), so update files should be put in that folder, overwriting any files.

However, no file can be written in that folder unless you restart Windows in Safe Mode (restart, press F8 multiple times, and select SafeMode in the Boot Menu). After you replace the signature files, restart the system in normal mode.

Cris.

• Hello PHOENIX™,

The signature files are stored here: C:\program files\common files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner. There, you will find 2 folders with names similar to av32bit_XXXX (XXXX is a number). Signature files are stored in the folder with the higher XXXX number (the other one is a backup), so update files should be put in that folder, overwriting any files.

However, no file can be written in that folder unless you restart Windows in Safe Mode (restart, press F8 multiple times, and select SafeMode in the Boot Menu). After you replace the signature files, restart the system in normal mode.

Cris.

Thanks for your support, Cris.

But i cant find that folder (av32bit_*) in my C partition.

And here infor of my machine: Dell studio1435, OS: Vista home premium.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 32bit.

Here are some pics of my computer: Bitdefender 2009 folder, and the searching result of av32bit_* folder is nothing.

By the way, can i use my update from my bitdefender 1year to update bitdefender trial version? Is my key blacklisted?

Thanks for Cris.

And please explain that result in my computer.

Phoenix!

post-27366-1253670561_thumb.jpg

post-27366-1253670889_thumb.jpg

• Hello PHOENIX™,

Cris.

I dont read carefully. Sorry, Cris!

So i found that folder.

And the replacing can be done only on the Safe mode?

Can i copy that signature from my lap to replace that in another pc which install bitdefender 2009 32bit trial version only?

Thanks!

post-27366-1253671699_thumb.jpg

• Yes, files can be replaced only in SafeMode.

The signature files are in the Plugins subfolder (in the av32bit_* folder).

About the other question: as long as the trial version is still valid (and the trial hasn't expired), you can update it the same way.

Cris.

• Yes, files can be replaced only in SafeMode.

The signature files are in the Plugins subfolder (in the av32bit_* folder).

About the other question: as long as the trial version is still valid (and the trial hasn't expired), you can update it the same way.

Cris.

Your mind: trial version can up to date online as registered version or update offline as registered version?

Thanks!

• Both.

The only difference between Trial and Full version is the 30-day usage limitation. All other features and functions work exactly the same way in Trial as in Full.

Cris.

• Thanks Cris so much! Your replay r so usufull.

Phoeinx!

• You're very much welcome. :)

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== ISSUE SOLVED ==

This discussion has been closed.