Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is 2010 Thinks Ms Windows Installer Is A Virus?

Options
post-14196-1253838538_thumb.jpgToday just after booting in to windows xp, bd, alerted me that it had blocked multiple viruses, i have used the submission within bd to send the files,x2 to you, here are a couple of screen shots of the alleged generic virus(false positive, in my opinion the word "generic"says it all) so is this flaky app of your's gonna kill ms windows? or are you gonna fix it Properly? If it will remove a legit uninfected file from the o/s How can we trust it to protect us from real viruses? hopefully it will kill it's self next, also some of the running services should be able to be temporary disabled by using the task manager, instead of shutdown/restart f8 safe mode disable then and shutdown/restart and then repeat to enable them again,the owner should have the control not a bit of software

Comments

• Hello davey,

I just talked with someone about this detection and I was told that it was already removed. Please update BitDefender and let me know if the detection still persists.

Thank you.

Cris.

• Well after disabling bd via safe mode and scanning with swd v6 (clean result) ms update offered the missing file via update, downloaded installed it, bd has only quarantined 1 associated file from sys restore of the same virus name as the screen i posted,so it would appear it's solved,

I do have a couple of questions ,

1,is it possible to block certain ip addresses or dns resolved names using the firewall,?if it is possible how is this done?(btw it is connecting via svhost.exe )

2, i have a secure deletion app called cyberscrub privacy suite installed on my pc, the registry module prevents this from running properly even though it is in the list and allowed, it seems to me that bd does not see the second associated process that is required to run too is there any away to add to the allowed list? as there is no option in the ui to do such