Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 - Give Me My Money Back!

Options

Hello All

I have a small office of 4 computers, 3 desktops & a laptop. Two of the desktops run Vista Ultimate 64 bit (will be upgraded to Windows 7 when released next month), the other one runs XP Pro 64 bit and the laptop XP Pro 32 Bit, and I regard myself as a Technical Expert when setting up computers.

Our previous anti-virus product was Avast Professional Edition. The licence came up for renewal and I decided after reading some reviews on BitDefender to buy it and give it a try. BIG MISTAKE. Now we experience Network and performance issues on ALL the computers. I have tried various options without any luck.

I have now un-installed BitDefender (hopefully) from all our computers and purchased an update for Avast.

I wonder what are my chances of getting a refund?

Chris Fourie

Web Things CC

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Chris Fourie,

We are sorry that BitDefender did not work for you as you expected. Since you already uninstalled our program is difficult to provide you a workaround or to help you troubleshoot the issues that you had.

We have created you an support ticket and one of my colleagues from the Customer Care department will contact you shortly in regards to your refund request.

Thank you .

• It's not even worth the battle.

I've had BD since beginning of the year. With each update from you guys, it gets worse and worse. Slowing down my machines (all 3 that I have it on) to nearly a crawl, and at least a dozen times a day on ALL my machines I get the BUG REPORT screen that comes up, asking me to submit the bug along with my email address.

Getting tech support to help has been even MORE difficult. When this first started happening a couple months ago, I submitted NUMEROUS tickets, just to be IGNORED. I had to go thru the vendor I purchased BD from and have THEM contact BD support for me to even get some attention. This actually happened three times when attempting to get support.

After numerous uninstalls (using all the tools BD has for uninstalling,) and finally updating to BD 2010, the problems remains, even worse than before. Since then I've uninstalled it all again, using your tools, and reinstalled the latest versions, and it's still happening on ALL the machines I have it on. This had just become a joke. I refuse to try submitting support tickets just to be ignored. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. Screw me a third time, I say to ###### with it. I'm in the process of posting a bad review on EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE site I can, warning other potential customers of this poorly crafted product and it's shoddy support.

With only about 105 days or so left on my subscription, it's not even worth fighting for my money back. I'm just going to chalk it up to a learning experience, while doing my best to warn everyone I can about the product and service.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello WDA1,

We are sorry to hear about the negative experience that you encountered with our product or with our support . I searched for your email address and we saw that you have contacted us through the Live Assistance service on August 31, right after you installed BitDefender 2010 . My colleague sent you an email for troubleshooting the issues, since no other actions were possible in this case.

We wish to further help you in solving this sittuation so that you can continue using our product . I have created you a new support ticket and sent you a new email with the instructions that will help you send us the reports that will help us identify this issue. We understand your frustration and again we apologize that our program is not working as it should on your system .

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .