Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] What Is The Difference Between Each Version?

Options

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask what is the difference between each version? Just say if I get a 2008 version or a 2009 version i wouldn't get the same updates as the 2010 version? Also if I bought total security 2009 can I download Total Security 2010 and use the same serial key? I am just a bit confused because I see a lot of 2009 version for a good price but I don't want to get a 2009 version if I don't get the same updates as I would get with 2010. Can someone please get back to me when you get a chance. Thank you. I appreciated for your time.

Comments

• Hello GeneraznXz,

BitDefeder license keys are always valid for new versions. For instance, BD AV2009 can be upgraded to BD AV 2010 free of charge. All you need to do is uninstall BD AV2009, install 2010, use the same license key to register it and use the same BitDefender MyAccount details to activate it online. The key will be valid for 2010 for the remaining period.

The same applies to IS or TS.

As for the updates, signature and engine updates are provided equally for all versions. The only difference is for product updates (for 2009 you'll get 2009 upgrades, for 2010 you'll get 2010). But the basic security and detection rates are the same.

Cris.

• GeneraznXz
    edited September 2009
    Options

Thank you for your quick reply. That is the answer I am looking for.

You may close this thread if needed. Got all the information i needed. Thanks

• You are welcome. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to post.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== ISSUE SOLVED ==

This discussion has been closed.