Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Running Slow Since Upgrade

Options

I installed the 2010 internet security upgrade to my 2 pcs yesterday. Since then they have both started to run slowly and the internet takes ages opening new tabs. Anyone come across this or got a solution? :mellow:

Thanks.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello dontlikecheese,

Please let us know what Windows systems and what Internet browsers do you use. Just in testing purpose please try the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button and choose the Expert Mode.

2. Click on the Antivirus module then click on the Advanced Settings button under the Shield tab. Disable Active Virus Control and then click on Ok.

3. Also, click on the Custom Level button and uncheck, "Scan Web (HTTP) Traffic" then click on Ok.

4. Click on the Firewall module, click on Advanced Settings and disable Intrusion Detection System .

Test to see if you have the same issues after that . If the same sittuation will not reproduce, please enable these option one by one and test to see which one determines these slowdowns.

Thank you .

• Hello dontlikecheese,

Please let us know what Windows systems and what Internet browsers do you use. Just in testing purpose please try the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button and choose the Expert Mode.

2. Click on the Antivirus module then click on the Advanced Settings button under the Shield tab. Disable Active Virus Control and then click on Ok.

3. Also, click on the Custom Level button and uncheck, "Scan Web (HTTP) Traffic" then click on Ok.

4. Click on the Firewall module, click on Advanced Settings and disable Intrusion Detection System .

Test to see if you have the same issues after that . If the same sittuation will not reproduce, please enable these option one by one and test to see which one determines these slowdowns.

Thank you .

My apologies for the first reply without response!

I just installed BitDefender Total Security 2010 yesterday. It has really slowed my computer down. Even with only gmail open there is a lot of spike in CPU when idle (up to 35%) . As soon as I open an email or an item in internet explorer version 8, CPU hits 100%.

I tried the suggested fix above but there is no difference. I am on Windows XP Home Edition SP3.

Let me know if you need more information. Would appreciate some assistance here

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello ujimate,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish.

5. Go to the desktop and upload the file that was created by the SupportTool on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link.

Thank you .

• Thank you for your prompt attention! Really appreciated

File as requested:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iweftb

Read something in the forum about turning AntiPhishing off. This really help when opening mail in gmail but did not like using this work around. Still had spikes in CPU when AntiPhishing was turnoff and may have something to do with vsserv.exe

Cheers

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello ujimate,

Just in testing purpose, please uninstall Ad-Aware SE Enterprise and Norton Security Scan. After that look if the same slowdowns occurs.

Thank you.

• Ad-Aware and Norton Security Scan now uninstalled.

No more spikes in CPU when idle now. As soon as I open gmail it shoots to 100% CPU for about 20-30 seconds. The same applies when I open any mail correspondence.

No problem with high CPU if I turn off Anti-Phishing.

Let me know if you need more information. It is frustrating but let's see if your engineers can nut this out

Cheers

• I have properly uninstall Ad-Aware now. Problem resolved. Thanks a lot for your help. :)