Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help Please!

Options

dear bitdefender moderators;

I am a total security 2009 user, i've bought a 3 user serial number but i prefered to use the 30 days trial. I have two questions:

1- With this 30 days trial version, am i "fully" protected?

2- I live in iran, where the speed of internet is very low. So I can hardly update my antivirus. when i wanted to update it, i understood the size of update will be about 55mb, that is very big for someone like me.

but my question is, how can i back up the downloaded updates, so, for example next time when i changed my windows, i can use the "virus signature" and "engine version" that i previously downloaded (and not the version that i have in cd that is too old)?!

and i have a request, if possible. would you please insert updates in a file so i can download it with resume support? i tried to update but i couldn't. when after 2hour it came to 70% of total update my desktop turned to green and everything stoped (like a virus attack)

bitdefender said:

An error occurred during the update (Invalid server or proxy settings).

If the problem persists, please contact BitDefender support (contact information available in About section)

virus signature: 2200117

engine version: 7.21915

yours sincerely;

arash

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Arash_a,

1. Yes, you are fully protected within the 30 days trial period.

2. There is a BitDefender file, called weekly.exe which is released every Friday and includes all the virus definitions and scan engines updates available up to the release date. You just need to follow the next link:http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB27 and here you will find a detailed description on how to install this package.

Since you have a slow internet connection, we recommend you to set BitDefender to download only the virus signatures which are smaller as size. Here is that you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender and click on the Switch to Advanced View button.

2. Choose the Update module and click on the tab called Settings.

3. Under "Confirm update" click on the option called "Prompt before downloading updates " and under "Manual Update Settings " click on the same option "Prompt before downloading updates " .

4. After you do this click on the button called Apply and then click one more time on the Update tab from the top.

5. Now click on Update now and you will see that a new window will show up.

6. You will have to choose only the Signatures updates and then click on Ok.

7. In that moment BitDefender will download and install only the updates that contains the virus definitions.

The other issue that you mentioned at the end of your description, was already answered here.

Thank you .