Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender No Longer Updating

Options

Ok, I've been trying to update all of my computers for 2 days now and every single time I keep getting these errors telling me to go the forum because the updates have failed!!!. I done what the forums are saying (checking my firewalls, going to advanced settings, resetting the rules. . .etc) but still CANNOT update!!!!

I'm running Windows Vista

PS- I tried to put in a screen shot but it says UPLOAD FAILED. PLEASE ASK ADMIN TO CHECK THE SETTINGS & PERMISSIONS

Comments

• Ok, I've been trying to update all of my computers for 2 days now and every single time I keep getting these errors telling me to go the forum because the updates have failed!!!. I done what the forums are saying (checking my firewalls, going to advanced settings, resetting the rules. . .etc) but still CANNOT update!!!!

I'm running Windows Vista

PS- I tried to put in a screen shot but it says UPLOAD FAILED. PLEASE ASK ADMIN TO CHECK THE SETTINGS & PERMISSIONS

Yes, im having a similar issue too, the BitDefender firewall is somehow stopping it updating,with the fire wall set to on, the update process fails totally, with the firewall disabled it works without issues(BTW the vserv.exe and live serv.exe are both allowed in the firewall along with several other bd related moduels,) So no obvious reason for it, so bd when are you gonna fix this mess then? as it must be something that was downloaded via the bd update service that is the cause,one problem after another this security suite is getting to be a joke now, i think next year i'll be changing my av software as a result, maybe even before if this crap continues to happen

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Maw4Angels,

First of all, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module and hit the Update Now button. Let us know what error message you receive and if you have a screen-shot of this message, upload it on:http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

After that please follow the steps bellow in order to obtain a report which will help us better understand this sittuation :

1. Go to Start->Run

2. Type cmd and hit Enter

3. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter

4. Type

supporttool.exe /livesrvtrace on

and hit Enter

5. A popup should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC.

6. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and try to update it .

7. Go to the next location :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace (Windows XP) or C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace (Windows Vista or Windows 7) and look after a file called "livesrv.log" .

8. Upload it then post here the downland link .

Thank you .

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello davey,

If possible please go to the next location:C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the "rules.xml" and "profiles.xml" files, upload them then send me a PM with the download links .

Thank you .

• Hello, here's a screen shot of what it's saying. Now I know I'm connected to the internet so it can't be that.

Any other suggestions as I've tried what you've suggested and now it's saying cannot connect.

Thank You!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8ndpg

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8ndpg

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Maw4Angels,

Thank you for the screen-shots. Now, please follow the steps described in my last post in order to obtain a "livesrv.log" report . After that, reply to our email with this file attached and with the ones that you obtain following the instructions from the next article:http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

• Hello davey,

If possible please go to the next location:C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the "rules.xml" and "profiles.xml" files, upload them then send me a PM with the download links .

Thank you .

Hi, the problem i had has fixed it's self,downloads updates now,but does tend to take some time installing them,longer than it used to,also the process upgrepl.exe ,seems to create a lot of hdd activity when it runs,what is this service for?

• Hello Maw4Angels,

Thank you for the screen-shots. Now, please follow the steps described in my last post in order to obtain a "livesrv.log" report . After that, reply to our email with this file attached and with the ones that you obtain following the instructions from the next article:http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

Ok I typed in cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

Then supporttool.exe /livesrvtrace on

No pop up appeared to reboot my pc.

What am I doing wrong?!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Maw4Angels,

We have sent you an email with a tool that should help you obtain the "livesrv.log" report . Please reply back with it attached.

Thank you .

• L.o.D.
    Options

Quick question about the updates.

I thought I was having the same issue as I got an issue listed on the dashboard saying it has not updated in a day. I tried right clicking the BD icon & clicked update to no avail.

I tried the way via expert mode & it updated that way. So my question is this;

does it update automatically if it detects one has been issued?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello L.o.D.,

BitDefender should automatically check for updates at every hour. If you go to to Expert Mode, click on Update then select the Settings tab you can see this option. Please let us know if received any error messages when you tried to update BitDefender, right clicking on the BitDefender icon from system tray.

Thank you .

• I am getting the same problem as described above.

my whenever i run the update it says

" an error occurred during updated (could not connect)"

i am definitely connected to the internet so why am i getting this message?

• I too have this issue on two WinXP Home machines.... Turning off the firewall, manually performing the update does work... I'm sure I'm like the rest, I'm a bit concerned that I have to disable the firewall to allow 2010 to update....

If I can provide any info to help, let me know....

-Jammer

• I too have this issue on two WinXP Home machines.... Turning off the firewall, manually performing the update does work... I'm sure I'm like the rest, I'm a bit concerned that I have to disable the firewall to allow 2010 to update....

If I can provide any info to help, let me know....

-Jammer

Here is what I see when right clicking on the BD Icon in the systray and selecting update now... It takes a bit to time out...

-Jammer

post-27868-1255146282_thumb.png

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Mine is not doing it's auto updates at all. I woke up to 2 critical issues & one being that auto update is magically disabled & 2 that the update was never performed.

I click to fix the issues & they fail.

Unable to enable auto update in main settings window.

Right click icon & clicking update now, the status just says none with the spinner spinning.

Seems like BS2010 is slowly failing as it was all working for the most part.

Just looked under the update tab under expert & it says update service is unavailable.

• L.o.D.
    Options

I tried the manual update. I have NO clue if it was actually successful since the dashboard says none was performed.

It can't even fix itself.

• L.o.D.
    Options

The only way to update now is to download the weekly.exe updater file.

It cannot be done from the program itself.

• A few days ago, your tech support folks sent me this procedure for the same problem. (Ticket ID:200909291012303) However, when I started the livesrvtrace process, I did NOT get a reboot popup, but rather, it started some sort of Process that was collecting info from the PC. But, then it hung (I waited about 15 minutes) so I killed it using Task Manager. I tried rebooting, and now, the machine hangs at the Windows logo with the moving bar. I can get into safe mode with networking. Consulting the MS support site, I have turned off the loading of all non-MS services stuff, and not processing system.ini or win.ini, or loading Startup items, but am processing boot.ini. Of course, this leaves many applications in non-functional form. That's the mode in which I'm writing this.

I'm hoping someone can point me to something that will enable me to kill the process that is causing the machine to hang on "normal" bootup as a result of the livesrvtrace process that was started. Before I completely killed all the non-MS startup services, I tried doing it selectively on the BD stuff and that did NOT solve the problem. I need to get the machine going again.

Oh yes--one more thing on the non-update problem. In my case, if I rebooted, and THEN tried the update, it would work once. But then, after starting normal activities, I would start getting the same failure modes as everybody else. This machine is running XP Pro, SP3, and the auto update was working fine until a week or so ago.

Hello Maw4Angels,

First of all, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module and hit the Update Now button. Let us know what error message you receive and if you have a screen-shot of this message, upload it on:http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

After that please follow the steps bellow in order to obtain a report which will help us better understand this sittuation :

1. Go to Start->Run

2. Type cmd and hit Enter

3. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter

4. Type

supporttool.exe /livesrvtrace on

and hit Enter

5. A popup should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC.

6. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and try to update it .

7. Go to the next location :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace (Windows XP) or C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace (Windows Vista or Windows 7) and look after a file called "livesrv.log" .

8. Upload it then post here the downland link .

Thank you .

• The only way to update now is to download the weekly.exe updater file.

It cannot be done from the program itself.

What is that?!

• L.o.D.
    Options
    What is that?!

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html

It's the weekly updates in an installer form for us.

32bit/64bit exe files.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Ok, I ran the 2010 installer over the current install & it seems to have resolved the issues so far.