Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Plz Help! Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding. I Kill Msnmsgr.exe In The Task Mgr

Options

Hey y'all,

Having a fairly big issue since 4-5 weeks now. Once every 2-3 hours the bitdefender icon goes from red to grey. It states, when I hover my mouse over the icon, "Bitdefender services are not responding..." However, I find that WHENEVER I go to task mgr and namely kill a service

(msnmsgr.exe), my CPU utilization shoots up to 100% and then the bitdefender icon turns to red (working normally).

I've taken this up with 3 tech support engineers which was totally useless since ur guy's system for some odd reason opens up a new ticket for the techies to see. Therefore, they give me the same answer time and time again, which didn't solve the problem. They had me submit a few reports of my system and download files from Bitdefender and restart the PC and so on...still same problem. I also tried the method Alex Stanciu mentioned in his topic about Bitdefender services not responding, copied and pasted the .xml file to the appropriate folder...still no solution. I don't know what's goin' on as the tech support also mentioned to uninstall and reinstall a FRESH copy of Internet Security 2009 from ur guy's website. Did that as well...no solution. Is this issue even solvable??

P.S. The only way for the software to work is to kill the msnmsgr.exe file from task mgr. I can't do this forever!!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Bob3232,

The issues that you are facing with our 2009 product, will not reproduce with BitDefender 2010 . That is why, we recommend you to upgrade for free to this version . You can find complete steps that will help you do this here .

Thank you .