Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Missing Tray Icons After 2010 Installation

Options

I had BitDefender 2009 installed on my system, and all was well. However, when I installed BD 2010, several of the tray icons for programs that load upon Windows boot-up were missing. I have tried uninstalling BD 2010, but that did not bring them back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the other programs, but that did not bring them back. I have tried deleting both the IconStreams and PastIconsStream keys within the TrayNotify key of the Registry, but that did not bring them back. The programs themselves have continued to load at boot-up and function fully and normally. Only their tray icons do not load, making it inconvenient to use the programs. Some of these programs icons link to hardware drivers, such as for sound cards and video cards. Is there any way to retrieve thes tray icons?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Spurred On,

For start, please click on Start from Windows, choose Run, type msconfig then click on Ok. Select the Startup tab and here look if the programs that are usually loading at startup are checked in this list .

If everything looks normal, please download the ****** that I have sent you through a PM and let us know if there are any changes after that .

Thank you .

• Howdy Alex,

Thanks for the ******. It worked, kinda, in that it brought back one out of three missing icons (Creative's Sound Blaster). Simply deleting both the IconStreams and PastIconsStream keys within the TrayNotify key as I had done before did not bring back anything, so the ****** did help. I logged-off/logged-on again because restarting Explorer does not bring back everything in my tray (like my tray clock program). One of the remaining lost icons is Intel's Active Monitor. As it's part of my motherboard's system, I can't really uninstall and reinstall it, and Intel no longer uses that program with its newer boards. I have the latest (last) version of it. In msconfig under services it is shown as checked and running, but I do not find it under either checked or unchecked items in the Startup list.

The ****** may be as far as your team can go in helping with this problem, but if the developers can figure out a way to prevent it from happening in future versions, that would be nice. The problem didn't exist with BD 2009 (at least on my system).

Thanks again for your help — Tony