Bitdefender Freezes On Memory Dump File?

I scan my computer with bitdefender internet security 2008. When it gets to the file-

[system]=C:\windows\system32\dot3cfg32.dll [488] memory dump

the system crashes and windows stops working. Sometimes the screen just flutters and blinks and explorer stays on but bitdefender will not scan past that file, it stalls. Also I cannot log into my ebay account, despite not changing the password. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. When you try to shut the computer down it just goes to the shut down screen and sits there, it won't shut down. Also when I went to look at my emails a message came up from "Windows Security" asking me to confirm my password and account name. I did not comply but shut the window down twice and restarted my computer. I know I have a virus as a lot of emails have been arriving with viruses in them which have been detected so somebody is attacking me.

Can anybody help, I think that file is infected with a virus but bitdefender can't scan it.

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited October 2009

Hello wildchild1962,

Please read this article: http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB490

Download the two tools presented there, run them, and upload their logs on www.sendspace.com

Afterwards, post the download links for the logs here. After the logs will be analyzed, you will receive further instructions.

Cris.