Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

False Positives Using Bitdefender Oline Scanner

Options

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, please move if it is not.

I have been having issues with one of my computers today and was forced to boot into safe mode. AVG would not work for me nor could I reinstall it in safe mode.

I found bitdefender online and decided to try it out.

It deleted files I need to run nessus, metasploit, eEyes Retina 5, and Cain and Able.

I need to restore these files that they deleted as I use them regularly while monitoring and testing my network. Is there a process that I can go about getting them restored without having to reinstall them?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• If the files have been deleted, there isn't too much you can do. The only thing you could try is system restore, although it normally works for installed/system program files. You could also attach a scann log, or post with what viruses were infected those files.

I have moved your topic to a more appropriate forum, Malware talk.

Andrei

• If the files have been deleted, there isn't too much you can do. The only thing you could try is system restore, although it normally works for installed/system program files. You could also attach a scann log, or post with what viruses were infected those files.

I have moved your topic to a more appropriate forum, Malware talk.

Andrei

Ok, its not a big problem, I can reinstall them without an issue was just trying to save a little time. I did not save the scan log so unless it automatically saves the log somewhere then I do not have a copy of it anymore. As a suggestion adding the ability to restore deleted files as part of the online scanner would prevent alot of problems that people seem to have with the false positives. Hiding that ability under a small "Advanced" button at the end would prevent most people who do not know what they are doing from restoring something they shouldn't have. Again it is just a suggestion. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.