Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] False Positive

Options

How does one handle a false positive? One of the dlls in my Asus Bios update program (C:\Program Files\ASUS\AsusUpdate\BS_DEF.DLL) was considered a heuristic trojan. Since I do not use this Asus program, I uninstalled the program after losing this dll to Bit Defender. I will need to know this in future cases when a program that I do use is affected.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Albertus,

In case of false positives you need to put the detected file in a password-protected archive (with the password infected) and upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (like sendspace.com). Then post the download link here, or send it by PM to me.

Cris.

• This file is no longer an issue. Apparently recent updates to BD have removed the heuristic false positive stigma. Thanks for your quick response.

• alexcrist
    Options

Thank you for your feedback. Since the issue is solved, I will close this topic. If you need it reopened, let me know by PM.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.