Firewall Set-up How To?

Hello,

First of all, the best 20EUR spent (for licence of BD IS 2010).

Second, I would like to ask how to configure BD firewall to do the following thing...?

So, the issue...

1. Desktop computer is connected directly to internet through ADSL link. Desktop computer has LAN card integrated on MOBO.

2. Laptop is connected to Desktop computer with LAN cable (crossover) through its LAN card.

3. There is a local network between those 2 computers, but no internet acess on laptop!!!! (this is the issue) - Unless the firewall is turned OFF (which I don't want to do).

4. Firewall setting are as follows:

Firewall is ENABLED,

Advanced settings (options) are all ON (checked)

Trust level set to SAFE,

Stealth mode is OFF,

Generic is NO,

Adapter zones are not set (IP adresses are not set nor to Allow nor to Deny). I've tried to set this zones, but nothing worked in favour of getting the internet access on laptop.

So, I ask you how to set-up firewall settings, so I can get internet access on laptop????

P.S.

I've used BD IS 2009, and had no problems.

TNX in advance!

Comments

• Hello ravenns,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module, click on the Network tab, select the network adapter that is used for connecting to the Internet and set its Trust Level to Trusted Local . The rest of the settings should be set as you said :Stealth to Off and Generic to Yes.

If you have the same issue after you perform these changes, please go to the next location :C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the file "profiles.xml", upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

Thank you .