Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Help! Downloaded Bitdefender 2010

Options

Hi,

I downloaded the 2010 version yesterday, and after that I found the following issues:

- Live Messenger does not work due to DEP (Data Execution Prevention) options, that I am not allowed to change.

- Windows updates: some cannot be performed.

- I had to reinstall Logitech camera.

- Office 2007 license not recognized.

- Had trouble setting up my Malware Protection on Windows Security Center.

All these issues can't be random coincidences. Correct?

I now uninstalled BitDefender 2010 to be able to work with Live Messenger, but I still need some guidance on how to fix these issues.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello bbk,

First of all, please let us know what Windows system do you use and what version of BitDefender do you have installed on it .

1. When you tried to login with Windows Live Messenger have you received any error messages ? How did you notice that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is causing this issue ? There is a know issue with Windows Live Messenger and BitDefender described here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15184 and we need to find out if the same situation applies for you to .

2. Please tell us what Windows updates were not installed. Some of our users encountered difficulties in installing the "

Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 " update . You can find here a solution provided by one of our users.

3. Please tell us what Logitech camera are you using and the software used for it .

4. Describe us with more details what happened with Office 2007. When you tried to open it did you receive the message that the license key is not valid ? Do you have the same issue with BitDefender uninstalled ?

5. Usually, after BitDefender is installed, Windows Security Center should tell you that you are protected by BitDefender. What message have you received ?

Thank you .