Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Display Says: Signal Out Of Range

Options
CAMAGURKA
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Dear Reader

When starting up Bitdefender Rescue CD my display shows me "Signal out of range".

The system is running but I can't see anything.

Are there some settings to change in the bootCD or a key that I have to press to change the

display settings during startup?

Regards

Camagurka

Comments

• Hello camagurka,

We will need to know the following:

- after booting from the CD, do you receive a menu asking you to choose if you want Knoppix in English, French or terminal mode?

- what type of connector does your monitor use to connect to the computer's graphic card: VGA or HDMI?

Thanks!

• Hello camagurka,

We will need to know the following:

- after booting from the CD, do you receive a menu asking you to choose if you want Knoppix in English, French or terminal mode?

- what type of connector does your monitor use to connect to the computer's graphic card: VGA or HDMI?

Thanks!

Diana:

I'm having the same problem with the version of Rescue CD I just downloaded the other day (2/8/2010).

I'm trying it on an older Dell Optiplex GX270.

I do receive the menu asking to use Knoppix in Englis, French or Terminal mode. I select English.

It is a standard older style CRT (Viewsonic GF90) connected to the embedded EVGA port of the mother board.

Windows XP displays fine, but when I get to the final phase of the BitDefender boot...it pops the error message

that says my display is too small to display application.

I've gone back and booted the CD several times, selecting the option to choose my display setting. They all

produce the same result.

The product seems to function great, but I can't see the whole screen, therefore when it completes the scan, I

can't proceed with corrective action. Thanks.

-Brian

• Hello aflyinggoat,

Most probably, it's the best resolution supported by your monitor. What resolution do you use in Windows XP?