Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wireless Printer Only Prints When Firewall Is Disabled...

Options

Hello,

I have a Canon MP620. I have it setup on our wireless setup. When i try to print to it when the firewall is on, it won't print. So then I have to go in and uncheck "firewall" temporarily for 5 minutes. and it prints fine... Now I called Canon and asked them what exceptions that I should add so it can print with the firewall on and both of those files are on the exception list. He also gave me 6 ports to have open but on the two files mentioned previously, all ports are allowed. So, do i have to create a separate rule for each port?

Please help..

Thanks

MaxPayne

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello MaxPayne,

Please open BitDefender, click on the Switch to Advanced View button, and then click on the Firewall module. Select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes". In the Zones area please click on the "+" sign and add the IP address of the wireless printer that you are trying to connect to.

Look if you have the same issues after that.

Thank you .

• Hello MaxPayne,

Please open BitDefender, click on the Switch to Advanced View button, and then click on the Firewall module. Select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes". In the Zones area please click on the "+" sign and add the IP address of the wireless printer that you are trying to connect to.

Look if you have the same issues after that.

Thank you .

WOW. Couldn't of made the instructions any clearer. Thank you for your support. Printer now communicates via wireless network and firewall is up and running!

Thanks Alex.

• Does allowing an ip address like this compromise the integrity of a computer system? I was having the same problem as MAX was having just a bit ago as I could print via my wireless network only when I shut down the fire wire. Since allowing the appropriate ip address I can now print without having to disable my fire wire but I am concerned I have compromised my system by doing so.

Should I be concerned?

Please explain why I shouldn't be if not.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Corpus,

Since that IP address is safe, then there is no danger in adding it to the trusted zones.

Cris.