Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control Issues

Options

Greetings

Background:

I have just switched to Bitdefender 2010 and as of consequence am still learning the ropes with it. I have used the program's in build help manual and also browsed through the forum, there seems to be no remedy for my problem.

The Problem:

I remember setting a password for parental controls, but it seems to have been disabled now. Anyone can open the main GUI and alter the level of restriction without a password. How do I reset the password/change it in Bitdefender?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello ceramic,

Try to open BitDefender Security Center in Expert Mode and go to General -> Settings. There enable the password option and type the password:

post-60-1255199869_thumb.jpg

If it's already checked, try disabling and re-enabling it.

Cris.

• Hello ceramic,

Try to open BitDefender Security Center in Expert Mode and go to General -> Settings. There enable the password option and type the password:

post-60-1255199869_thumb.jpg

If it's already checked, try disabling and re-enabling it.

Cris.

Password seems to worl ONLY for the Admin account (me!). For other non admin accounts (my teenager son) password IS NOT REQUIRED to modify parental control.

Disabling password and re-enabling does not help.

... This is not really what I would call a parental control. <_<

Please help!

thanks,

Bibif