Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Update, Feel Like Giving Up

Options

I can't do the Automatic Update, I can't enable it, I can't "Fix" Issues etc. etc. I've been going back and forth with tech support, uninstalled and reinstalled, sending them log reports BDxxxx, sys.tar., etc. etc. it still doesn't work properly.

I bought BD2010 the day it came out cause that's the day I got my first Windows machine (hp laptop), but since then I think everything's been fine for maybe two days out of the whole period. I bought a 3 year license cause I had heard good things about BD, but it's just been a nightmare for me.

At this point I'm just waiting for BD to fix things from their end, haven't heard from them in almost a week, maybe they gave up on me, maybe this is naive but was BD 2009 like this? And/or, does it seem to work better w/ Windows 7, in other people's experiences? (I got a free upgrade with my laptop, so I'll be switching on October 22 or whenever it is exactly.)

I'm thinking of asking for a refund because 2010's been nothing but problems, but I'm willing to hang in there if other people (read non-employees) think it's otherwise a worthwhile product/company to deal with (I also hate going through the whole refund thing, and I'm not sure what I would even get to replace it). Basically I'm looking for someone to encourage me to stick with BD, if in fact it's worth it.

Comments

• L.o.D.
    Options

I had that issue before, where I could not enable auto update.

I then did a repair install over the original & it fixed it instead of uninstalling. It worked for me doing so.

Have you tried that?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Oliver L.,

For start please try performing the steps described here in order to solve the update issue that you encountered. If this is not working please try to run the tool that we have sent you through the email and also reply with the files that we have asked you .

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .