Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Can't Connect To Http://server.iad.liveperson.net With Bd Installed

Options

Hello, I thought I would post this before initiating the refund procedures.

Background: I purchased 6 3-pack licenses for BD Internet Security.

I am in a small office, and require access to http://server.iad.liveperson.net for customer service.

I am no longer able to access files from the above link. I thought it may have been an issue with Live Person, but 4 hours talking with there support and there was no problems on there end.

This morning I tried the link on all computers in the company, and all computers that were upgraded to BD, wasn't able to access the file. However, the computers that were not upgraded to BD had no issues downloading the file.

I uninstalled my copy of BD, and was able to download the file no problem. I resinstalled BD, and can no longer access it.

So I know 100% the issue lies in the BD program... I have went through the setting and cannot figure this out.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello lonwar,

Please tell us this: do you use any particular application to download files from that server? What is the exact download procedure, as I tried to access the link you posted using my browser (Firefox 3.5.3) and it worked fine with BitDefender TS 2010 installed.

Also, do you get any alerts from BitDefender?

Cris.

• warner@channelassist.com
    Options

Hi Cris, We use the Live Person program. However We can not download the file by putting in the url into IE8 either.

For security, I did not include the full path for the file as the document is of sensitive material....

• alexcrist
    Options

Please try to disable the BitDefender Firewall module to see if the problem persists, by following these steps:

1. open BitDefender Security Center in Expert Mode
    2. go to Firewall -> Settings
    3. Uncheck the option Firewall is enabled
    4. try again to see if the download fails or not

Note: These steps are not meant to be used as a workaround, as disabling the Firewall is a security hazard. Follow these steps only as a temporary test and re-enable the firewall after you're done.

Please post the result.

Cris.

• Hi,

No, I still can't download it. I have disabled Firewall, and all other settings.

I have uploaded a test file...

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/web/re...50&attSeq=0

• alexcrist
    Options

Was there any download limit for that file? Because I'm making different tests to see exactly what's blocking the file and right now I can't take that file whatever I try. It's not BitDefender that's blocking it, as I tried in multiple locations, on different systems without BD installed... and it just gets to a 0length file.

Could you please post a new file (or remove any download limits)? Thank you.

Cris.

• Sorry it looks like something happened to the link...

Try this... (http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/web/rep/attachment.jsp?site=15601882&repid=677383951194384884638893641439&tid=LTK143025249560X&mid=182745950&attSeq=0)

Please remove the ()

I have confirmed that this works on 2 other machines.

Thanks,

• alexcrist
    Options

Unfortunately, the above link doesn't work either. :(

Just like the first one, it leads to a 0lenght file. The only difference is that with the first link I was able to download the file twice. With the second one, I couldn't get it at all.

I'm sorry to be such a hassle, but please check again the link. Thank you.

Cris.

• Unfortunately, the above link doesn't work either. :(

Just like the first one, it leads to a 0lenght file. The only difference is that with the first link I was able to download the file twice. With the second one, I couldn't get it at all.

I'm sorry to be such a hassle, but please check again the link. Thank you.

Cris.

Interesting.... As a security, Live Person changes the link after a certain time, or after x # of hits.

I will not be able to get you a downloadable link.

It is a BD issue, If I uninstall it, I have no problem with Live Person,

• alexcrist
    Options

OK, in this case, try these steps and tell me if it works:

1. restart your system in SafeMode (restart, press F8 multiple times while booting, and select SafeMode from the Boot Menu)
    2. after the system starts, click YES on the message that appears after logon
    3. go to Start -> Run and type regedit (press Enter afterwards)
    4. go to
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/BitDefender

5. right click on the right side and select New -> MultiString value
    6. name it HttpAppSkip
    7. double click the new value and type there the full path + filename of the application you want to exclude from HTTP Scan (in your case, Live Person)
    8. restart your system in normal mode and check if the problem persists. Please post back the result.

Cris.

• That worked!!

Will I need to do this for all systems running BD? Or is there an option in the program?

Why would BD block this?

Thanks for ALL your help... This is an issue I have been working on for 12hrs!

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited October 2009
    Options

I'm very glad to hear that it worked. :)

Yes, you have to do this for all stations running BitDefender. Unfortunately, there isn't anything in BD's interface that can be used to edit that key. It can only be set from Regedit. Maybe this will be changed sometime in the future (I don't have any info about this).

And restarting in SafeMode is required because of BitDefender SelfProtect which doesn't allow you to tamper with any of BitDefender's files/processes/services/registry keys (to prevent security hijack).

About why it was blocked in the first place... I don't know. I will forward this bug report to the Testing Team on Monday to see if they can come up with a fix.

Anyway, the procedure that you followed (adding that registry key) doesn't represent any security risk for you. That key contains applications that are excluded from HTTP Scanner. Any other applications' HTTP connections are still monitored and scanned. And while you know and trust Live Person, then you have nothing to worry about. :)

Cris.

EDIT: Since the issue was solved, this topic will be closed. If you need it reopened, please let me know by PM.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.