Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Use Syntax For Web Control

Options

Syntax:

*.xxx.com - the action of the rule will apply on all web sites finished with .xxx.com;

****** - the action of the rule will apply on all web sites containing **** in the web site address;

www.*.com - the action of the rule will apply on all web sites having the domain suffix com;

www.xxx.* - the action of the rule will apply on all web sites starting with www.xxx. no matter the domain suffix.

i can't use Syntax for web control anymore

i try *.hi5.con but ....when i type abhisitvejjajiva.hi5.com ... can't blocked

Comments

• CrystalShade
    edited October 2009
    Options

and use key word such as *game* doesn't work

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello CrystalShade,

Please check the Keywords feature of the BitDefender Parental Control module, if you want to use our program to block specific words . Simply open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Parental Control module, select the Keywords tab and then click on the "Block keyword" button from the right. Add the word that you want, select the traffic type BitDefender should scan for the specified word then click on Finnish.

Thank you

• CrystalShade
    edited October 2009
    Options

:o sorry for my bad english that's not i mean

from i see in HELP

*aaa* - the action of the rule will apply on all web sites containing *aaa* in the web site address;

when i'm type *game* it should block website contain game in address . am i right ? ...

but it still open website contain " game" in address

and for

*.name.com - the action of the rule will apply on all web sites finished with .name.com;

is same problem :mellow:

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello CrystalShade,

Can you tell us at what module are you referring to ? As I told you in my previous post, if you want to block a website after you add a rule for a specific word, please use the Parental Control Keywords feature. Also, please let us know what version/product of BitDefender you are using.

Thank you .

• Hello CrystalShade,

Can you tell us at what module are you referring to ? As I told you in my previous post, if you want to block a website after you add a rule for a specific word, please use the Parental Control Keywords feature. Also, please let us know what version/product of BitDefender you are using.

Thank you .

i'm mean module ... block website contain word that i specified in address such as *dog* it should block website contain dog in website address

i use BD Internet security 2010

tell me if Syntax for web control can't use :o

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello CrystalShade,

Unfortuantely the BitDefender Parental Control Web Control option, does not have included anymore, the option to block a website after you add a rule for a certain word. However, you can do this with the Keywords feature. Please check my first post for more details.

Thank you .