Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Deep Scan Problems; Parental Control

Options

Hi,

I finally got my BD IS 2010 installed and updated (using weekly.exe and then downloading virus definitions only, as I'm on sloooooow dialup at home). I was pleased that went so smoothly AT LAST.

However, when I run a deep system scan, it gets so far then says that there is a file that it doesn't know what to do with. It asks to send it to BD (which I allow), but then the program crashes, and so I let it send the error report. When I try to look at the log, it can't find it.

Any suggestions to iron out this issue?

I'm running Windows XP version 5.1, service pack 2. I likely don't have all the most recent Windows updates due to the slow internet connection, would that make any difference?

Also, it wants me to set up accounts for all the computer users for the Parental Control. There are no kids here, so I don't care to do this. Any way to ignore this without the dire warnings?

Thanks in advance for help.

Susan

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Susan,

It may be possible that the file BitDefender asks for analysis, to be to large for sending due to your slow internet connection . Probably that is why you encounter the BitDefender error report wizard. Next time you run a scan, please select the option take no action on this file. After that, click on the "View Log" button, click on the File option from the upper left side of the new window which will be displayed, select Save As, then save the scan report in handy location . Upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link. You can also check for the previous scan reports following the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender and click the "View Logs" link on the lower right; Click the "Antivirus" tab on the left;

2. In the "On-demand tasks" list (the one on the bottom) look for the latest (closest to the top) entry that reads "Deep System Scan" under the "Task Name" column and "Scan Finished" under the "Name of the action";

3. Double-click this entry and click the "View Scan Log" button at the bottom of the window that just popped up; A browser window will open displaying the scan report; Save this file on a location of your choice, upload the report then post here the download link.

Since you are not using Parental Control , open BitDefender in Expert Mode, select this module and disable it . Now, select the General tab and then click on the "Configure Status Tracking" button. Uncheck the "Parental Control status" option in order to stop BitDefender from monitoring this module.

Thank you .