Trojan Gen+ Genneric Viruses + Adware Dogpile

I have located removed all files in content IE5 but B/D scan still shows all present i have had this problem for 5 days now and my pc is crawling i have included last scan ppplease can you, help

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5667" data-fileid="5667" rel="">bitdefender_V_10_scan_19.10.09.txt

Comments

• Hello matchless,

Please try the steps bellow and let us know what happens:

1. Disable the BitDefender real-time protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Set your computer to display hidden objects;

3. Browse and delete the following file(s):

G:\Documents and Settings\Andrew2\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ and delete the file "5OF49R3J"

G:\Documents and Settings\Andrew2\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ and delete the file "ISOMLL4I"

4. Empty the Recycle Bin;

5. Enable the real-time protection.

In order to check whether the virus removal procedure has succeeded, we recommend another complete scan of your computer with BitDefender.

~ Below you will find complete instructions in terms of how to perform the above actions. Only use the how to instructions for the tasks that you need to complete and ignore the rest. ~

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on BitDefender v10]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open BitDefender, go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

For more information you can read the following article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB354-en--Reveal...em-folders.html

------

Thank you.

• Hello matchless,

Please try the steps bellow and let us know what happens:

1. Disable the BitDefender real-time protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Set your computer to display hidden objects;

3. Browse and delete the following file(s):

G:\Documents and Settings\Andrew2\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ and delete the file "5OF49R3J"

G:\Documents and Settings\Andrew2\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ and delete the file "ISOMLL4I"

4. Empty the Recycle Bin;

5. Enable the real-time protection.

In order to check whether the virus removal procedure has succeeded, we recommend another complete scan of your computer with BitDefender.

~ Below you will find complete instructions in terms of how to perform the above actions. Only use the how to instructions for the tasks that you need to complete and ignore the rest. ~

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on BitDefender v10]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open BitDefender, go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

For more information you can read the following article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB354-en--Reveal...em-folders.html

------

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply i did as you have said i deleted the contents of the file content .IE5 but still BD V10 scan found some viruses but as my 2 year license was nearly finished i decided to try Total security 2010 as a trial i installed the program and a scan found viruses some it removed and some it was unable to remove but after i ran the scan again and the result was successful and now shows no viruses , I have printed of your reply for future reference and will purchase a license before it expires in 30 days thank you again yours Matchless.