Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Gamesafe Upgrade For Win7

Hi I am currently using BitDefender Gamesafe, and am curious to know if there will be a version upgrade to make it compatible with Windows 7 when Win7 becomes available? I currently use Vista, but am replacing it with Win7 when it is released. But I do not want to be left out in the open with no protection, and what is the point of having a license for a product and not being able to use it?

So will an upgrade to a newer version be available sometime in the near future?

And one more question, is there any other major differences between GameSafe and "Game Mode" for the other products?

Thanks

Comments

• Also wondering this. I still have a hefty amount of time on my Subscription and right now the Firewall is not compatible paid for a product and can only use the scanning engine =(

• Hello Overdrive_king and Fubarbarian ,

We do not have information's that a newer version of BitDefender Game Safe will be released in the future. However, if you have Windows 7, can upgrade for free to BitDefender Internet Security 2010 and use the Game Safe license key in order to register it. You can find here the instructions that will help you perform the upgrade.

Game mode is similar on all BitDefender products:

• All BitDefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.
    • The BitDefender real-time protection level is set to Permissive.
    • The BitDefender firewall is set to Allow all. This means that all new connections (both incoming and outgoing) are automatically allowed, regardless of the port and protocol being used.
    • Updates are not performed by default.
    • Scheduled scan tasks are by default disabled.

In BitDefender Game Safe were implemented only the basic modules Antivirus, Firewall, Privacy Control and Update, so that the resources used by it to have a minimal impact on your system performance, while you are playing.

Thank you.

• Hello Overdrive_king and Fubarbarian ,

We do not have information's that a newer version of BitDefender Game Safe will be released in the future. However, if you have Windows 7, can upgrade for free to BitDefender Internet Security 2010 and use the Game Safe license key in order to register it. You can find here the instructions that will help you perform the upgrade.

Game mode is similar on all BitDefender products:

• All BitDefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.
    • The BitDefender real-time protection level is set to Permissive.
    • The BitDefender firewall is set to Allow all. This means that all new connections (both incoming and outgoing) are automatically allowed, regardless of the port and protocol being used.
    • Updates are not performed by default.
    • Scheduled scan tasks are by default disabled.

In BitDefender Game Safe were implemented only the basic modules Antivirus, Firewall, Privacy Control and Update, so that the resources used by it to have a minimal impact on your system performance, while you are playing.

Thank you.

Ah, thank you for the detailed reply, and I never thought I could upgrade to IS 2010 for free with the GameSafe key. Thanks for the help.

OD